Apparently there is a 5K Race here in Coshocton this Sunday. (There's been no advertisements for this what so ever.) I think it would be fun to run, because that would be all the other runners would be the locals that I work with. I have my normal 8 mile run on Saturday morning. What do you think about running the 5K the next day? I don't think I would have the freshest legs and would not be looking for a PR ..would you run it?

I'd do it. Not too long ago, I ran 10 miles in the AM and raced a 5K in the afternoon. It wasn't too bad, didn't set any PRs though.

I'd do it. Not that I'm that seasoned a runner, but neither one of those runs would wipe me out on their own, so the pair would be just fine. Especially with a day in there.

If all you're looking for is the chance to add one more tshirt to the collection, why not? And if you did want to have a bit more fresher legs, maybe push that 8-miler up to Friday morning or evening. There's no sin in rearranging a schedule.

No problem, if ya want to run for the camraderie GREAT!!!! you already know not to expect a PR so you are not going into it delusionally. go run (not race) and have a blast.

Since this isn't a target race for you, as you are just thinking about it, you should be able to run it just fine. You can train through 5k races en route to your goal races.

I did around 20 5ks last year, and I put in regular training days the full week before and ran 11-15 milers the next day. The only times I didn't do that were for the "big" races that I had circled on the calendar. Then I tapered and recovered.

I do not have a problem with running before a race.

We (a fellow runner on my XC team and myself) were warming up on the 5k course so we could be aquainted layout. Little did we know that we didn't have time for the warm up, and the finish line was one mile away from the starting line. So we ran about 4 miles directly before the 5k and began running immediately as we got to the starting line. Luckily they held the race back 5 minutes so we could get there in time. Strangely, the race became one of my best times and my favourite race of the year.

Ok, I called the Chamber and they ARE having a race. LOL. I went down and paid them my ten dollars. I get a T-Shirt since I am one of the first 25 to register...whee, I could win this race! (or be the last person to finish. Packet pickup is the day of the race. What could possibly be in the packet? 8O This should be fun.

Yeah..I would run it. It depends on how well conditioned you are. 5k's are short and don't take long to recover from. If you have done a number of 5k's in the past, you should be able to handle it. Since you are not aiming for any time goals, treat it as a quality training run. (a tempo or time trial perhaps...)