On my long run with some guys at work the other day We were talking about races around the state and it was mentioned that down in Tampa they have a 5k?? 15K, and marathon all occuring in one weekend. The more I ran and thought about it the more intriguing the idea of running all 3 in one weekend became. I wouldn't do it this year but I was thinking about planning/training for it next year.

What do you think??

I wouldn't expect a PR in any of them, but you could probably do it if you were able to pace yourself over those three days.

Does that include a day when there are 2 back-to-back races such as a 5k in the morning and a 15k at night? Ouch! That will be brutal!

I believe it is Friday night, Saturday and then the Marathon on a Sunday Morning. I am trying to find a web site to confirm the details. As soon as I find it I will post the link.

Seems like a lot of racing to do in one weekend. I agree with PH, I wouldn't expect 3 PR's.

I definitely wasn't planning on setting PR's for the races. I guess I would just like to see how well I held up running that much in that short period of time.

Personally, after running 4 marathons myself I can say this: Are you insane? 8O

Sounds like a great challenge and something to shot for, sounds like you will be feeling some tiredness and pain that weekend!!!

OK, I'll say it.... You're nuts!

I have heard some people talking about running 2 5k's in one morning though. For me, that's always been 8O I can't imagine doing 2 back to back. On the other hand, I could see doing 2 5k's in one weekend as long as you aren't expecting great things from either one.

As long as the Marathon is last, I'd say it does sound intriguing. :)