Do you use them? How much benefit would you see?

I use Asics 2090 with inserts. If I got a pair of DS racers I could save 3.5 oz 8O

I don't use them yet, but I plan on getting some probably before next fall.

From what I've heard, you can expect to drop a little bit of time, but not more than half a minute or anything. I've also been told that unless you run faster than 6:15 pace in a 5k or 6:30 pace in a 10k, it's really not worth it. I'm sure all levels of runners can see benefits, but that's the rule of thumb I've heard.

Racing flats rock! 10ks or less only for me. I'm too big to wear them over 6.2 miles.

I think they do make a difference. Especially on smooth courses (concrete, asphault, packed trail, etc). I don't wear them on rocky trail terains.

I'd guess I'm seeing about 10 seconds a mile improvement at 5k distance. Like X said, won't wear them for more than a 10k though. Go with a light trainer for longer races.

Asics Tiger Paws here... at least 10 tics per mile. 12km is the farthest race in them.. but I'm tempted to try a halfM..maybe in June.

I believe I'm overdue for them. Yesterday I was the only one on the line without flats.

My size 13 NB 1022s with my orthotics weigh in at 16 oz. EACH! 8O

A size 10.5 Brooks T3 shoe weighs in at 6.1 oz. Even if a size 13 weighed in at 7 ounces, I'd still shave off over half the shoe weight.

When I was racing often, I'd used them for 5k's all the time. I also used them for 10k briefly but found they aggravated my achilles tendonitis so I decided to only use them only for the 5k.

Liked Nike's the best...very lightweight!

Thanks everyone.

I'm going for a stride analysis this Saturday, video taping, analysis, recommended drills 8) I'll ask them if they feel it will make a difference being a large running, 180-190 lbs.

The DS racers seem to be medium weight with very light ones dropping another 3 oz.

wore my t3 racers for one 10k last summer.....30 second PR!!! I'll bring them out again when I'm good and ready...(few pounds and a marathon lighter)

I am seriously considering racing flats. I would want ones that would go up to a 1/2

since I train in lightweight shoes, I might as well race in them too.
looking for the right price to come along