My daughter is 6 yrs. old and we are having a problem for about 9 months now.
She constantly touches her private parts. She is not itching it, nor foddling it.
She tells me that she doesn't like 'air' down there and a lot of space. She presses her panties
against herself and pushes the panty up in the vagina. She does not itch it back and forth.
Just presses it --- more like adjusting it. She adjust all day long.

It started last April. Her pediatrician saw her and sent us to Pediatrician Urologist. He did not find anything unusual.
Her pediatrician thought it was masterbation, but it is CONSTANT. She is 'adjusting' herself all day long.
It is getting to be such an issue, that when we are on playground, at gymnastics, at basketball, or birthday parties,
parent sare telling me she may need to go to the bathroom. I just smile and take her because it is so embarressing
and again give her the speech about touching down there.

During her basketball game, I counted how many times she adjusted her panties. 14 times in an hour.
That is out there in front of everyone. We talked to her until we are blue in the face advising her to go to the bathroom
if she needs to do it. She says she can't help it and it is all the time.
I am estimating that she does this at least 50 times a day.

Last spring, my husband and I treated her for yeast infection, worms, UTI, and changed laundry detergents, soaps, everything.
Changed panties. Even tried tight bikini ones since she likes for it to feel 'hugged'.
Also put KY jelly thinking it may be dry.
It went away when summer was over. But this past December, it started back.
So we were clear for about 3 months.

I called her Dr. again to get some advice. She said to put a folded bandana in her panties since she has
the need for some pressure down there. That bandana would not stay in there and doesn't help.
I am wondering if her labia is enlarged and maybe rubbing her panties? I looked at it, but it doesn't seem to be hanging down.
I need some help please! What to do next?

I am so embarressed and it is getting to the point of desparation. There has to be something we can do to help her.

Thank you.
Beth

Double post also posted here https://www.steadyhealth.com/Is_my_6_year_old_masterbating__t223241.html but this one contains quite a lot more information.
I would definitely take the girl to a homeopath, I recommended this in my reply in your other thread, and more so now having read the above post.

My daughter does the same thing! Did you ever find out why or a solution? Did it stop on it's own?

she is jst mausterbating and she gets pleasure from it thats why she do it .

many boys also do mausterbating at this age without knowing what they are doing.

We are having the SAME problem, for  1 year now and I do nto know WHAT to Do! She used to only do it at home but now it's everywhere all the time, she says she can't help,it and when I take the pantIRS out she has a temper tantrum crying and screaming! What ever happened and what do I do??

There are several thoughts that come to mind. Exactly what has happened to her may determine what you do. It may be induced behaviour, or just a habit. It may be because of an irritation, or for pleasure. It may be OCD.

How old is she? Do you know anything about why she started at home a year ago? What was your reaction to it then?

Have you observed for a while exactly what she does? Have you asked her why she does it? Have you asked what it is she is doing? Listen carefully to how she expresses her answer. Try not to be angry, but understanding. She might have suffered adult abuse, or it might be the product of childhood investigation. You could ask who else does it (keep the question open to interpretation so it could mean who else have you seen masturbate? or it could mean who else has done it to you?).

Have you asked her why she can't help it? What does it feel like before and after?

Have you told her you guess it feels good, but it is something best not done in public.

What do you mean by "when I take the pantIRS out"?

I hope this helps as a start.

I've been doing this since I was 6 too and I can tell you why: it's because it feels uncomfortable at times when you don't touch or push on it cuz it feels in pain or numb which is an odd feeling. This however cannot be cured, I've done it then an still do now, but not so public.

My daughter has similar issues. We found that she has sensory processing issues and it connects to an ocd/ anxiety behavior of that area. Hope that helps.

Hi beachymom137877, have you ever figured out what was going on with your little girl? I have an almost 6 year old and she is CONSTANTLY grabbing herself down there. Sometimes it just a quick touch other times it looks like she is itching and rotating her hips around. It’s been going on for a while now and drives me and my husband crazy!!