Hello, I am attending medical school and I am doing research on abdominal cramping. I know that this is only the second name for abdominal pain. So except the fact that the abdomen is body between chest and groin, what should I know? Thank you all for any info you give me.

Greetings, I will help you the best I can. The abdominal pain can be caused by any organ from that area, and there are many. The digestion system of organs is there so the pain can be caused by some organ from the system. There are also: aorta, kidneys and appendix. Of course the abdominal pain can be a reflex pain that is caused by an organ which is not from abdominal area. In any case when someone has such pain, he should seek assistance from a doctor, because the more he waits more complicated the treatment is. That is about it.