Hi, I'm 27 years old and 3 weeks ago I had a nasty injury of my left big toe. I was hurt while I was on the job and there was a great swelling and infection of it with a lot of pus. The doctors were able to repair the damage to the toe and they gave me some antibiotics so that infection wouldn’t spread. Few day ago I got these strange bumps in the groin area, I was told that these are groin glands that have swollen because of that infection on my toe. What does a toe infection have to do with swelling of the groin glands. Is it possible that I have some kind of a STD?

There is a great possibility that those bumps in your groin are in fact swollen groin lymphatic nodes. Lymphatic nodes are one of the most important parts of our defense system against infection and foreign matter. They are filled with lymphocytes and other immune system cells that filtrate the lymph that passes through the nodes. The reason why your lymphatic nodes in the groin are swollen even though you had an infection in your toe is that all the lymph from your toe and your entire leg has got to pass through the groin glands in order to get to the rest of the body and finally to return to circulation. You are right that the swelling of the glands in the groin could be also a sign of some kind of a STD but that could also be the case with any infection in that are and in your leg. Since you have had an infection and an injury in your toe I'm pretty sure that those swollen glands are the caused by that infection. Still I think it is very important that you report this to your doctor since that could be the sign of complication of the infection as well as many other diseases and conditions.

I am a 16 year old girl
and just a few weeks ago i woke up with a huge swelling of my groin glands, painful too, iwent to the doctor thinking it was my appendix, but he assured me it wasnt and told me the pain would cease in 2 days, and the swelling would be gone in about a week
so here i am 3 weeks later, with just as much if not more pain and discomfort, and now i have 3 abnormally swollen glands, that are visibally seen, its horrible,
I have checked out the possibilites of std's and the what nots, But it isn't that.
But recently i went online to research it, only to find a type of cancer called Lymphoma...more common in women more than men, symptoms other than the pain and swelling of the groin glands included, lose of appetite, unexplained weight loss, sweating, headcahes...now, I've had unexplained weight loss, i'm already a very fit and thin girl, so that was bad for me, I eat, But i dont exacly want to...I don't sweat, but i get EXTREMLY hott at frequent times, and i have headaches..
am i just trippin myself out over this...or do i have vaild reason to be concerned...?

Im also having this problem there not painful but are quit large and can be seen. I have had gland problems with my neck for quite some time as well. So I always related the two but today I was cruious and am wondering should I go to the doctor theres no pain or discomfort. Just large and weird.

Don't panic! This happened to me too. I went to the doctor three years ago with lumps on my groin which were really scaring me. He felt them and said have you hurt your foot? I thought that odd, but I told him that my big toe was swollen from a toenail.

He told me that they were caused by the infection in my toe! If you have concerns tell your doctor what your concerns are! If you are scared of STIs or cancer, TELL YOUR DOCTOR that you think it could be that. Your doctor can tell the difference and will help you and tell you why it is not those.

Besides, your doctor will have referred you if he was worried about anything you had :-)

Hi mate I've got some lumps in my groin and I have put my mind through hell the last few weeks and after seeing this post I remembered when I took my shoe of not long ago I had blood oozing through my sock from my little toe where the nail was pretending through the skin from the pressure of my shoes and there was puss coming out!!! The doctors asked me if I had any cuts on legs/feet/groin and I said no! Because I honestly didn't think that would have any relation to the lumps! The doctor didn't seem to worried but he has put me for a ultrascan because I was panicking so much! I'm praying that this is the case for me also as I do get athletes foot and that would obviously contribute to infection! I told my doctor I was scared of cancer hence reason why he booked the ultra scan! If it turns out to be down to my toe i will be sooooooo relieved! Thankyou for posting this as it's made me realise that I did hurt my toe just before all this started if you didn't post this I would have never even put the 2 together ! Thankyou