Hello friends. Recently my husband found out that he has aortic dissection. He had flu in the past couple of days so I was visiting doctor with his findings to see what we can do about this issue. I came to the hospital today and there was one really unpleasant nurse. She told me to give those tests and results to her, and when I did so, she asked me what type of aortic dissection my husband have. I was surprised because doctor haven’t told me a thing :/ She started to scream at me so basically I just went out. I will try to find out this. But, do you know what are the types of aortic dissection?

Hello Penny.

Well aortic dissection is the most common catastrophe of the aorta. It is three times more common than rupture in the abdominal aorta. Well, I don’t mean to scare you but if it is not treated usually about 35 percent of the patients die within 24 hours and about 50 percent of the patient die within 48 hours.

So, let me get this clear – your husband is at home? And he has flu? OMG, darling, that is serious. You need to take him to the hospital right away!

There are three types of it :

• Type I involves the ascending aorta, descending aorta and aortic arch,
  • Type II is confident to the ascending aorta,
  • And Type  III is confident to the descending aorta distal to the left subclavian artery.

Look lady,

Your husband needs to be treated right now! It is serious and I can see why this nurse was screaming at you. She was not screaming because you don’t know what type it is (well, maybe she have a little bit) but it is serious. Especially because he is having a flu for the last couple of days?!?! I believe that second type of aortic dissection is the most common in patients but I can’t be sure. This doctor needs to tell you this and, forgive me if I am wrong, but he needs to treat your husband better.

Greetings everyone.

Well, the two major types of aortic dissection are type A and type B. They are defined by the location of the tear.

OK, when tear begins in the ascending aorta and progresses throughout the vessel and it often extending as far as the arteries in the leg, than this is the type A.

When the tear is located only in the descending aorta and it can extend into the abdomen that is the type B.

It is very important to understand the distinction between two types because it can guide to the management of the diseases.

For example, type A requires immediate surgery and type B is considered as medical condition and it can be treated with aggressive control of blood pressure.

Hey. When it comes to this disease, it is very important to recognize the symptoms of aortic dissection. Symptoms are pain in the chest, sweating, nausea, shortness of breath, weakness and fainting. Also, you can have abdominal pain. You see those symptoms are very similar to heart attack symptoms. That is why you need to control them. As others told you, there are two types of aortic dissection. One is Type A that is treated surgically while type B is treated with some medical management. You should be aware that this is dangerous and that mortality is very high in both types of aortic dissection.