K. Let me explain. Doubt anyone has the same as me. And it scares me so bad, cause I have two children 2yrs. and 10 months and I'm afraid something is going to happen when I am with them by myself. I had SVT's since i was about 16 yrs. old. I am 34 now. I would get episodes here and there. My chest would get tight my heart would beat about 190 some or more a minute, i would get light headed and weak. Well i went to dr.s when I was 16. got all the test, monitors, stress test and they would say my heart is strong and healthy and they couldn't find anything. Saying it was panic attacks!!! So I just dealt w/it when ever it happened thinking it was me having panic attacks. but knowing it wasn't, well about 2 mnths ago I woke up one day and my heart would not stop skipping, like missing a beat for a week. I went to the E.R. my heart would be going 50-68 bpm. which they said was an athletic heart beat, but they also saw the skips on the monitor and said that's normal lots of people have them but, some feel them!!! Did the E.R. thing about twice in two weeks cause my heart was still skipping everyday all day almost. They prescribed me xanex which I hate, cause it's like they don't believe me. I mean it helps me with the anxiety of the heart skips, but it's not all anxiety doing it I know it. I went to and Cardio. and he put an event monitor on me. They finally saw the SVT's he still wasn't worried about the heart skips, but he sent me to get an catheter ablation, it's only been a week so I'm not sure if it worked or not cause sometimes the SVT's won't happen for months. But I still have the heart skips and actually discomfort in my chest. Everyone keeps telling me to relax and let the procedure work, it might take a little bit, but I'm still freaking out and it's ruining my life, it's making me scared to do anything by myself. Does anyone else feel like this or have this??? Please help:( Will it get better.

Hope you get well, my friend. :)

When I was around 13 I had an ablation for an extra pathway in my heart that was making me black out during normal, everyday activities. After the ablation I still had flutters in my heart, and I went to my doctor and she told me that it is a completely normal feeling to have. The way she explained it to me is that since she technically "cut" the extra pathway, the electrical currents can still sometimes leap across the divide, but the procedure will always stop them in their tracks around a couple seconds into it. I'm assuming this is the same feeling you're having since you're saying "flutters" and not "fast heart beat." I've actually come to appreciate what the flutters are telling me about my body. It acts like an early warning system if my body is stressed, like if I'm tired, dehydrated, stressed or getting sick. This way I know I'm doing a little too much and need to take a couple second breather before diving back into life. Usually I'll just drink some water or eat a little healthier to get a better vitamin intake and they will stop. I also never let it stop me from doing the things that I want to do. I say this because it sounds like it's stopping you from living life. I have flutters all the time and I still have managed to play sports up to the college level, run 5ks and half marathons and live an all around healthy life all without any supporting medications. I'm obviously not a doctor, but if your doctor says to not worry too much about it I would believe him, since he's probably done over a hundred of these procedures throughout his career. Sometimes the process of worrying is more of the issue than the actual problem itself. So I guess the answer to your question, with my experience, is no, the flutters will not stop, but they are also not hurting you. In fact, they are actually a good indicator of your bodily state, and if you learn how to listen to them you actually have a one-up on the rest of the population who has never had to deal with what you're going through. I hope this helped you out a little : )