About a year ago I got these weird feeling in my chest, PVC, in july, I had several episodes of psvt that they found on a holter moniter, they have done every single test, echocardiogram, MMBI, ct angiogram, stress test, holter montior, I thinks that is it, everything is "normal" the only thing they can tell meis its a short circuit, and they want to try an electrophysiological, put an eletrode in my heart kind of like a angiogram, then they shock different parts of my heart to see what part of it is "short circuiting", then zap that part and my heart should work better after, anyone had this done, its called ablation therapy does any doctor think it might help both arrythmias I am currently taking diltiazem and digoxin, I bought a heart rate monitor, my rate is from 90 upto 180, up and down unpredictably

An Electrophysiology Study is done in an EP lab at a hospital. Sheaths (that look like small straws) are placed into you femoral (groin) veins. 1-4 sheaths are normal. Catheters are then placed ithrough these and into different areas of your heart. The top part of your right side of your heart. The bottom part of the right side of your heart, a special area of your heart between the top and bottom called the HIS and sometimes a catheter that will go across your left side of your heart via the coronary sinus. Then these areas of the heart will be PACED...(not shocked). Special measurments will be done and they will watch to see if they can "induce" (make happen) a rapid or slow heart beat. At this time, an ablation(burning of the fast pathway) can be done if they induce a tachycardia. Usually bedrest is 3 hours after all the sheaths are removed. The patient can go home the same day for EP studies and some ablations. Other than that, you will go home the following day.

I got a wonderful result from my ablation, for AV nodal reentrant tachycardia. I am considered cured and the procedure was a piece of cake.
It sounds SO much worse than it actually is. I had more discomfort from a tooth removal than from this heart procedure. I'm back to full activity and doing great!

Sue