I am 23 years old female and got married last year.now we are planning for a child now.but,I am a bit worried because I have abnormal hair growth around my breasts.Will it cause any problem for feeding the baby?I have abnormal hairs also on my chest and chin.Will it be any problems during pregnancy?Also I want to know whether the same problem will be transfered to my child also.Please provide me with the proper solution.

Hi:
If this is natural for you, just be sure to keep the hair clean. Hair collects dirt, etc. You would want practice good hygiene when you are breastfeeding your baby. There are hair removal methods, i.e. laser treatments, removal creams, etc. However, these things would be irritating to the breast, so they would not be advisable. It sounds like you've lived with this unusual hair growth without real concerns thus far. Just keep things clean and move forward. You cannot know if your child will inherit this trait until the baby is born. Try not to worry, enjoy the pregnancy and enjoy your baby. Please let us know how things are going.

You say the hair growth is "abnormal" but in what way? Is it new or have you always had the problem? Hirsutism could be the culprit, which is sometimes linke to PCOS. If if is PCOS, you could have problems conceiving, some females with it do have fertility issues. I would get checked out if the hair growth is excessive.