Hi, I am a sixteen years old girlie. I have a serious problem that I am too embarrassed to talk to anyone about. I have chest hair. It has started to grow when I was fourteen. At first I thought that the hair was going to go away after a while, but it did not. Now I don't know what to do with it. Do you know why this is happening to me? I was also wondering if you could tell me how I could get rid of the hair from my chest.

Hi, I can understand that it is very hard for you to go through your teenage years with hair on your chest. You should be able to talk to your mother about it. She will be able to give you some advice and take you to see a doctor, because sometimes this hair can be a sign of a medical problem. Excessive chest hair growth is probably caused by the hormone imbalance. A teenage girl's body changes rapidly during these years. The growth of some hairs on your chest and around your nipples is normal so if you have problems only with this hair than you have nothing to worry about. But if you notice hair growing on your lower abdomen, chin or mustache area than you probably have a medical condition that causes this problem. In this case you should definitely see a doctor. In any case, don't try to shave off the chest hair because it will grow back thicker than before. You should try using tweezers for removal. However, I would advise you not to do anything before you talk to your mother or a doctor.

I have a similar problem, but my mum says it's normal cause it depends what type of hair. I have small fine white body hair all over my chest, stomach, back, etc, but she still claims it to be normal because I should only be worried if it's like pubic hair but either way, I still don't like it and it's making me feel bad lately.

Do you have light or dark skin? If you have light skin and the hairs are dark, you could try laser hair removal. It can be expensive but it's supposed to last forever when you're done.

I know a young girl that had the same problem. She had cystic ovarial disease. She was about to recover through chinese medicine. But it was a long recovery and EXPENSIVE$$$

I had the same problem at one point,
i just used Veet to get rid of it.
it doesnt grow back thicker but it works very well & gives me a smooth tummy.
i also bought the bleeching lightening cream too, so i can also use that if i have no time to veet them suckers off :-)

googlekhan wrote:

ania wrote:

im 16 and im going through this now i have a hormonal imbalance and it came with alote of emotionally problems hair growing i have no idea what do with it i shaved it off but it grows back then i always have to do the same thing.i know ur not suppose to shave it i know this now but it was already too late,but anyway idk how to fix it and stop the hair from growing my self

laser treatment doesn't last forever, you usually have to go back every six months, i know this from experience. If you have darker skin like myself, it is also often quite painful, kind of like burning your skin.

Hi, I had the same problem about a year ago. The hair started growing when I was 14 pretty much everywhere and it was black and clearly visible. I was very embarrassed and worried it might get any worse. I went to my doctor and they diagnosed me with hypothyroidism. It isn't a regular symptom but because my thyroid started disfunctioning in my early teens it messed up my hormones and puberty. I am on medicine and guess what, every single bit of exssesive hair went away and I am also 16 now. So my advice, check your thyroid at the doctor, it might help! :-)

Im 13 yr old girl and i have body hair EVERYWHERE. It started with my legs when I was 9 and my mam could see that it was really affecting me and i wouldnt where shorts or let anyone see my legs so she let me wax them (I no i was young but it was her decision). Then i started growing hair on my arms and that didnt really bother me til a new girl at my school said it to me and then i got really self consous and i pestered my mam 2 let me wax them. Then when i was 12 one day at school a boy (10) told me i had a bierd and as soon as i got home a got paranoid and was constantly looking in the mirror and i saw that i was starting to grow a tash but it wasnt that obvious at all but i stupidly plucked them and the next day more had grown, and it continued so i stopped before i made it even worse. I told my mam and the next time I was getting my legs done i asked the beutician (duno how to spell :/) and she told me that i should NOT have plucked them. By this time i hadnt waxed my arms much cus i had started to feel bad about the money side of it. The beautician asked if i wanted to wax it but i said no cus i knew it would be more noticable. In the last year hair has started grown on myy tummy, chest, nipples, underarms, shoulders, back and its everywhere now except the rest of my face and neck. I probably should have mentioned that my Dad  passed away when i was 8 so i was wondering if that would cause my body hair. PLEASE give me some answers  and im sorry this is so long! 

Hey! I'm 23 with pale skin I was getting small hairs on my chest and had then through out most of my teens, it made me super insecure at times. I started doing laser treatments last year and it has changed my life, hairless..still the odd hair and I have to go back once a year for touch ups..after I did (6 treatments) one every month! It's worth it :) I feel super confident can wear a bathing suit top around finally without worrying about it! Wish I had gotten it at a younger age :) good option!

hi where did u go for your laser treatment as i am also thinking about having it done on my lower back, chest, lower abodomen.

Even I have a similar problem. I'm 13 and I had started growing hair all over my body since I was twelve! My mum lets me wax my legs, hands & underarms but I don't know what to do about the other parts of my body.

Hi I'm a 11 year old girl and I was wondering why I have back hair, tummy hair, chest hair . I am really embarrassed to talk to my mom about it and scared she would yell at me. I need a answer quick because I'm going to California in a few days

Hello I also have hair everywhere and I can related to you my father died when I was 8 also as of today I still experience this problem I'm now almost 44 and I have lived with it this far my point is be comfortable with it my mom who is now 77 had hair, my grandmother that passed had hair so I was brought to believe its a family trait.