I would really appreciate some help here.
I am 26 years old and married for over 3 years.
My last period date was on March 29 and I have a normal 26-28 day menstrual cycle. I would have had my periods by April 25th-27th as per my normal cycle.
But as of now (May 2), I haven't got them yet. And it is my 35th day since my last period.
I did a urine pregnancy test at home today and it showed up negative. I used the First Response Pregnancy Test.
I have never had delayed periods, so I was pretty sure or rather hoping that I am pregnant. But now, I don't know and am really nervous.
I feel bloated, light headaches, lazy, frequent urination and acne as well. You think these are signs of pregnancy ?
Please please advise.
Thanks !

Hi Hoping,

When you tested, did you use your very first, wake-up, urine?  It is more concentrated, darker, and therefore more likely to give you an accurate result versus your daytime (diluted) urine.

Give yourself another few days then test again.  It can take some time for the hormone (hCG) to rise high enough to be detected.

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot for the reply !

I did use the first, wake - up urine.

Planning to go to a clinic for a urine test tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed !

What do u think is the longest for the hCG hormone to be detected ?

Thanks so much !

Hi Hope,

The funny thing is that in some women those tests are unreliable. They can go for weeks without a positive.

Everyone is different too. Most can detect a pregnancy around the time your period is due and almost always by 7-10 days later.

Good luck! Keep me posted.

I will !
Thank you so much :)

If you had used a HPT and its negative ... i would so go see the doctor. I was testing my self for days and it was negative. I went to the doctor and turns out im like almost 2 months pregnant. SCARY. So realli i dnt rely on HPT much anymore. Maybe jux because my hCG is usually to low to detect. But my last preganacy was easy. I was 2 weeks pregnant and the test came out possitive....happy happy. Good Luck to you on TTC and hope u are...keep us posted...i cerious to know if ur prgnant or not. :D

Thanks Padeevue !
You have no idea I am so anxious !! Can't wait to find out !
So all in all I took 3 urine tests in the past 2 days and all have been negative :(
But I am still optimistic as i do not have my PMS symptoms and i have rarely had delayed periods...sooo fingers crossed :) {Today is my 36th day since the first day of my last period).

Couple of questions -
When you said you went to the doctor...what kind of test do they do ? Blood test ? Or Urine test ? If its urine test i guess i'll wait for another week. What do you think ?

And the first week of pregnancy is counted from your last period date ? so if its my 36th day today...have i already finished 5 weeks ??????

Thanks guys ! This is such a help.

When you go to ur doctor and u want to be sure that ur pregnant or not and also tell them u alrdy done 3 pregnancy test but its negative. The doctor still gonna do both just to be sure themselves too. So yes, u will be doing the urine and blood test.

And about the period part...its complicated, Because after my pregnancy in 2007, I went on a birth control call Implanon, where they insert in ur uper arm. I was on until 2010. So i had it for the FULL 3 year. and that brith control for as long as i was on it...i had ZERO period. So after i got off i was worried i wnt be pregnant or couldnt get pregnant because i hadnt have a period for 3 years. I was sure its not gonna be easy to get pregnant. But after getting it removed i got pregnant right away without a period...

Hi Hope, I was reading what u posted and the same thing is happening with me now so I know uh ow u felt back then and I'm so nervous and don't want to be disappointed :( I'm 2 days left but negative results, what happened witof sat the end ?