Hi, I am wondering if any other parents out there are going through this. I noticed it about a month ago and am not sure if this can be normal? I am a nervous wreck over this so if anyone has gone thru or is going thru a similar situation please give me some information. Thank You!!

Hi nel, I have not experienced this myself, however i do have a 3yr old and would want to know what was happening to her if this was going on. I did do some research for you and this is not normal, but you already knew that.  Premature Adrenarche,  is the early or excessive production of the hormones DHEAS, androstenedione. It is important to rule out abnormal reasons. One cause of this is Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, and is usually screened for at birth. This is a block in the enzymes that the adrenal glands make and there is a build up of the male hormones that cause hair to become coarse and curly in the pubic area. There is a chance of this not showing until later, due to an incomplete block. There are blood tests and a bone-age scan that can be done to diagnose and monitor this so that things do not advance to stimulate the pituitary gland to trigger the female hormones associated with puberty as we know it. You need to let your daughters' pediatrician know what is going on and ask to be referred to a Pediatric Endocrinologist for further testing. You should not take any advice about what MIGHT be going on with your daughter from anyone but the Endocrinologist, whom specializes in this area. I hope this information has been helpful and wish you the very best, God Bless.   

Hi blonde, Thank you for the information and yes my daughter does have an appt next week with her pediatrician and I am sure that he will refer her for further testing with an Endocrinologist. I actually have a friend that I just spoke to yesterday and she told me the same thing happened with her daughter when she was about the same age and it turned out normal and she is now 11 so that gives me a little bit of hope. Thank you again and God Bless!!

your very welcome, glad I could help, or at least give you peace of mind. I pray everything is normal for your daughter as well. Would love to hear how it goes. Feel free to private message me if you want to after her appointment.