hi everyone, im new to this so bare with me.

on the 21st of march this year i had an early medical abortion i was 8 1/2 weeks pregnant.

my question is how long after and abortion does your fertility return, because ive been told two things:

1) fertitlity doesnt return until you have had a period.

2) fertility returns straight afterwards, just like after you give birth.

my period hasnt returned and it will be 6 weeks tomorrow since i had my abortion. im starting to get scared that i might be pregnant again.

any thoughts?

thanks for reading x

In order to have a period, you ovulate FIRST.. This is why many post pregnancy women will become pregnant before a period.

You are technically fertile as soon as you ovulate, however, uless you KNOW when you ovulate, you should not take any chances at all.

Your period should resume in 6-8 weeks after an abortion.

thanks, what im worried is im going to sit here waiting for my period to come back in the next two weeks , but what if it doesnt cause im pregnant again??

i think im just worrying but i was just seeing what other people thought.

You should 100% use birth control after an abortion, it is very important, or else you are risking pregnancy.

IF it has been less than 5 days since you had sex, you can use plan B.

thanks carifairy thats helped alot, it has been more than 5 days though, and im from the u.k so i have no idea what plan B is?

thanks again! x

OH, the UK...

Postinor 2 Emergency contracetpive.. But it has been more than 5 days..

I'm right with you. My periods have returned but so have my prgnancy symptoms. It has been 6 weeks since the "procedure" and I still feel preg.

i had sex 4 days after my abortion, there was alot of pain, and discharge as well as bleeding on the 7 th day after my abortion,

its been a month since my abortion, and i have a lot of pain still, and doctors cant seem to find anything wrong, possible pregnancy or left over product from abortion but clinic said everything was fine, is it a possibility that i could be pregnant again, b.c the bhcg levels were high and then are begining to get low but not quite to a zero where they want it t0o be, i need asnwers, or could it be because i have done alot of damage to myself, and how will i tell my doctor, and ask them to look for .

After an abortion is recommended to wait 2 weeks before any intercourse because you are still scared and your cervix is not completely closed. That is why you experienced cramps and discharge, plus intercourse before the 2 weeks check up could lead to infections. That area needs time to heal, plus after and abortion, you are very likely to get pregnant again faster so hope you where protected.

I also am freakin out. Okay so four days after the abortion I had sex, than at 48 hours after that I took one Plan B and the second is to be taken 12 hours later, which I took 19 hours later. What does this mean for my possibility for being pregnany? :$

You are slightly more fertile after an abortion, miscarriage,etc cause your body is till in pregnancy mode. So if you had unprotected sex (not very smart) then it is possible you have become pregnant again

i was raped and had an abortion in march it is now almost the end of april ,but i have yet to have a period and my husband and i who were trying to have a baby before i was raped had sex only 5 days after my abortion could i be pregnant again

In 2010 I had a abortion. I then got on depo for a few months then the pill. The pill made me feel nausea afterwhile. So I stop taking it. Then I realize that I do wanna have kids and that the birth control could be jeopardizing my chances. I regret my abortion. I cry wondering where would I be right now with that baby but I gotta suck it up and move on. Now I'm wondering if I can still get pregnant because of the abortion may i have some answers?

I had an abortion march 6,2012 and had gotten my period April 13 and it ended on the 17th or 18th .. I had sex April 19th .. Is it possible to become pregnant right after my period??

Hi u got ur period? Or became pregnant again. I did the similar thing and my question is same as urs please reply. Thanks.