i recently had an abortion last week(june 2).
My question is..how fast can u get pregnant again after you have an abortion?

Theoretically, you can get pregnant again after an abortion pretty quickly, so I would recommend that if you are planning on being sexually active, that you encourage your partner to use a condom until your hormones are regulated properly and your birth control is effective again. Is that why you are asking, or are you suffering from symptoms of early pregnancy?

Thank you for replying back to my message! I appreciate it.

My situation is a little complicated and very personal but i basically wanted to know that if I am sexualy active again soon after an abortion is there a higher risk i can get pregnant again. Well u said Yes i can.

SO now im just wondering is it safe?..like is the body still healing? are the eggs and uterus ok? is there risk for an ectopic pregnancy because the uterus or eggs are not healed yet?..AND if I do get pregnant again before my next period will the pregnancy be safe?..like is there any chance of left overs things from the previous baby that can affect the new baby?..bone tissues?..i dont kno i read that somewhere.
If you can help me in any of these question I would greatly appreciate it.
THANKS.

I forgot to add that im still bleeding a litte bit..but it is exremely light. i do not need to wear a pad or nothing. and i was sexually active about 4 days after my abortion..if that helps in any way..
thanks

If your procedure was done by a reputable doctor or clinic, then you should have no worries regarding a healthy baby in the future. Doctors do suggest waiting to have intercourse for a few weeks, this is just to guard against any infection.
You should see a regular period between 6 to 8 weeks after your procedure.
But just be carefel as far as pregnancy goes, it could happen at any time.

Thank u so much.
I appreciate it :-)
I feel alot better.

I went through an abortion May 18th - I have yet to receive my period but have had some spotting and some pain in my lower stomach. I have had unprotected sex multiple times but I did not have sex for 2 weeks like my doctor said. Is that normal? Is there any chance I could be pregnant again? any answers would be very helpful.

When you decide to have sex with out any form of protection, you automatically run the risk pf getting pregnant. A normal period should resume between 6 and weeks after a procedure. The spotting that you see may be your body getting ready to start your period or you may still be spotting from your abortion. The pain in your lower tummy may be residual pain from your procedure as well. An abortion is very invasive and can result in some pain in your tummy afterwards.

You could very well be pregnant again tho. Try an HPT to be sure, but remember, they sometimes come up negative even if you are pregnant. Have you been back to the doctor for your post abortion checkup? Now may be a good time to go.

yes ive been back for a check up - it was about 2 weeks after the procedure. they said everything was good. if i try an HPT test do you think it is possible that it could still say i am pregnant this far after the procedure and not be? If i am still spotting from the abortion is it possible i can be pregnant (it was heavy spotting)? thank you for the help & sorry for all the questions i am just curious.

No need to apologize, this is what we are here for. Now that i think about it, if you took an HPT and it comes up positive, you may get a positive read due to the residual pregnancy hormone left over from previously. But your right, your procedure was some time ago, but anything is possible. You say, "heavy spotting" could it have been your period or has it been this way thru out.
I think i would wait it out a little longer to see if you do get a full blown period, if you don't, you should probably check in with your doctor. In fact, a phone call to him may not be a bad idea now.

I had my abortion almost 1 month ago exactly in 2 days. I havent gotten my period yet but i do experience a lil bit of cramping in my lower stomach. Ive had unprotected sex but that is because now im tryin to have a baby. I went to my follow up appointment and my doctor said everything was fine but it is soo early to tell if im pregnant again..although i took a pregnancy test last week and it came out negative. i have no signs of spottin or any type of bleeding howver i feel sooo bloated and still look and feel pregnant (eating habits)..All i can do is wait really or do a blood test soon within a week or so to make sure.

well it only lasted a day as i recall? so i am not sure if it would be considered my period? my periods normally last 5 to 7 days. I have also been known to have irregular periods too. but it was on may 18th .. i suppose i will wait it out and see what happens. it will be 2 months since i had the procedure done coming up here july 18th. so i am kind of worried ? ? ... but you did say it should come until 6 weeks after i had it done - which that just hit 6 weeks now. maybe i am worrying which it is making it not come.

well the 'spotting' lasted only a day & 1/2 but was heavy during the day & stopped the day after. my periods normally last 5 - 7 days and are normally heavy for 3 or 4 out of those 7. so i dont know if you would consider that a period? so would a HPT could be positive but it could be wrong? .. but i called my regular dr today & got an apt for tuesday if i have yet to recieve a period by then. Now if i take a pregnancy test with them will it be correct? i know that the home ones are not always correct. but the procedure was 6 weeks ago this week - so hopefully i get a period within the next few days. if not i will go to the dr on tuesday. Can you think of any questions i should focus on when i go see her tuesday if a period has yet to come? any concerns i should bring up with her? any advice would be wonderful! i thank you so much for the help so far!!!

I got my abortion in November and i was wondering if it is possible to have kids again. I am just worrying. Also can it still affect your period even though it was months ago? Is it safe to get pregant again?

I have my abortion I think around 1-2 years ago... So, can i know whether i still can be pregnant? And if i can be pregnant again, shall the baby be safe? I mean like normal baby...