Please can someone provide me information about Acidophilus? I know that certain food has it and that are very benefit for healthy functioning of gastrointestinal system, but that is all. I am keen to know more about it. I am 27 years old, female.

Acidophilus is technically the strain of naturally occurring live bacteria known as Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria, but products sold as acidophilus may also contain L. bulgaricus and other strains. Probiotics are responsible for several activities in the gut. Activities like: manufacturing B vitamins, niacin (B3), folic acid, including biotin, and pyridoxine (B6), also producing lactase, producing antibacterial substances which kill disease-causing bacteria and killing harmful bacteria by changing the acid/alkaline balance and by depriving the harmful bacteria of the nutrients they need. It improves digestive tract function and combating vaginal yeast infections. I hope that this is info what you are looking for.