I have heard that Tamanu oil is good for acne scars. I have lots of acne scars on my face and back and I already used lots of things...but there is not much improvement What can you tell me about this oil?

Tamanu Oil is traditionally used as an antibacterial treatment treating infected nails and bleeding wounds and also preventing acne scars, scarring, facial cleansing and minimizing wrinkles, treating herpes, relieving cold sores and healing blisters, skin allergies, skin rashes and treating sunburn, eliminating foot odor and clearing the sinus and relieving sore throats!!! Yes all that! I believe that there are products for acne scars treatment that contain Tamanu oil.

Hello there,

One of my friends is claiming that tamanu oil has done amazing things for her skin as well.

Last summer she had few cystic pimples on her face and very red face.  At that moment she has decided to stop using the duac which was prescribed for her by her dermatologist.

Then she has started putting tamanu oil on at night before bed.  She mixes a drop of tamanu oil with aloe Vera gel and aloe is beneficial anyway.

Since then her red marks have decreased significantly and her face is smooth and even when she got pimples they are little tiny pimples that go away in 2 days. So I would say that you have nothing to lose if you try to use tamanu oil for some time.