Acne stinks, and its little comfort to me to know that almost everyone gets it. Scars from acne can seem like double punishment. First I had to suffer through the pimples, and now I have marks to remind me. Is there anything I can do about my acne scars? I want to know more about process of making those scars.

One thing you shouldn't do to deal with acne scars is load up your face with masks or lotions. These won't help and may irritate your skin further. Also it could make the acne scars red and even more noticeable. To understand how these scars occur, you need to understand acne. Acne refers to lesions or pimples, caused when the hair follicle on the skin become plugged with oil and dead cells. A plugged follicle is the perfect place for bacteria to grow and create the red bumps. This became pus-filled red bumps known as pimples. Hormonal changes during the teen years often cause increased oil production that contributes to acne occurring. Most serious scarring is caused by the more severe forms of acne. These are acne with nodules more likely to leave permanent scars than other types of acne. The best way to deal with acne is to get treatment soon after the acne appears. Goal is to prevent further severe acne and more scarring. If you have nodules, see your doctor or dermatologist for acne treatment.