Hi! I’m 16, female. Since I was 14 I had persistent clogged pores and no matter what I do, they stay there…that is why I call them persistent. Everybody say it is because I eat a lot of French fries, pizza, and sweets, so I threw them out of my meals but this didn’t help either. What can I do to make them go away.

Hello! First thing you need to do is learn what acne really are. They represent a skin disorder of the skin's sebaceous glands and hair follicles. . During puberty high levels of hormones are produced in both girls and boys and they leads to the production of large quantities of sebum. Sebum is an irritant that can clog the pores and form a pimple which become infected and form a pustule. Acne is not caused by dirty pores but most likely by over active oil glands. The oil makes the pores sticky allowing bacteria to be trapped inside. Blackheads form when sebum combines with skin pigments and plugs the pores. If scales below the surface of the skin become filled with sebum then white heads appear. Second thing you need to know is that it would be best if you didn’t touch them. Your hands may be dirty and can cause further inflammation and yet you don’t have proper technique for this. It would be best if you went to dermatologist or a cosmetics, so that they can help you with the treatment.

i agree what conny said.  pizza, fries, and sweets will stimulate skin to produce more sebum and therefore clog pores.  however, this may not happen to some people due to their genes and etc.