Large pores are generally associated with acne and oily skin. Am I an anomaly? My facial skin is very dry actually, but I have large open pores on my face at the same time. Because this is different than what you normally hear of, I really don't know how to treat this issue. I know I am not going to use face washes for oily skin, because that will only make matters worse. But there must be something I can do to minimize my pores? Are there any tips and tricks out there for dry skin with open pores, or products that minimize pores for people with dry skin?

I've got this unfortunate skin combination as well. It sucks to have dry skin and large pores. There is just much more out there for people with oily skin and large pores! But read up enough, and you'll find out what ingredients are best for you.

I discovered that the two main things you need are:

1. Hyaluronic acid, which attracts moisture like crazy WITHOUT actually making your skin oily. It is wonderful and available in many different serums. You want to go for a slightly more expensive one. I don't want to sound like an advertiser so I won't specify brands I have used unless you want to hear.

2. Glycolic acid. This is great for exfoliation and pore reduction without making your skin even drier.

Good luck! You'll get there!

Have you considered laser therapy for large pores? Both Fraxel laser and Micro laser peels hold potential for you, and they will not make your skin any drier than it already is. The Halo laser might be another option for you if you have large pores and dry skin. Once you are able to reduce the size of your pores, you can then concentrate on moisturizing your skin without worries, and yes, I agree that hyaluronic acid is a superb suggestion for people with dry skin. 

Rather than struggling along with cosmetics, I would consult a medical spa to see what your options are, in any case. 

Hmmm... oily skin isn't the only cause of large pores though it's the thing we tend to associate with large pores. Genetics also have a big part to play and as you get older, your pores get larger as well... But still, skincare is so important too. If you don't have a good skin care routine in place, your pores will get clogged and appear even larger. In your situation, aside from using a gentle oil free cleanser and a good moisturiser for dry skin 'cause that's your skin type, I'd try dry brushing for skin cell rejuvenation and then also pick a toner. If things don't get better, see a dermatologist to see what they can recommend for you. 

That makes me think. Besides laser therapy for large pores, I am pretty sure microdermabrasion also has the same effect. It essentially removes the outer layer of your skin and reveals new skin underneath, allowing you to start over again. Chemical peels can do the same thing. You should look into TCA peels or maybe even a phenol peel if you have very large pores and damaged skin, or otherwise even something like a lactic acid peel might be able to help you out.

Hi, I'm 31 and I have certainly noticed that my pores have become more noticeable over the last few years as well. My skin tends to be "normal" during warmer weather and "dry" during the colder months. Nothing out of the ordinary I guess because those pores do go away when I apply makeup, but they are still more present. I do have the feeling that drier skin makes them stand out more. I think the answer might be in moisturizing more. Using a toner, I have one with chamomile, also makes a huge difference.

At the end of the day your "large pores" may just be normal. I doubt other people see them the same way we do under artificial light looking into a magnified mirror up close!

may i know the skincare product would you suggested?

Hi, I have been battling this problem for quite a while. Recently I stumbled upon a regime that seems to be shrinking my pores. Cleansing : I apply cold pressed coconut oil and then use a hot compress. This makes my skin feel soft and moisturized, and also removes make up completely. Sometimes I add Tea tree oil or Frankinscense to the coconut oil ( Young Living oils are great). Toning : I use rose water based toner. Prior to using a foundation I always apply Benefits primer. As for moisturizer/night cream : use anything that claims to have anti-ageing & collagen-battling benefits. Even my not-so observant daughter commented that my face is looking more matt than porous. Good Luck and hope this helps!