Hi, my grandmother had a stroke eight months ago. She is still mostly paralized, nobody can understand her speech, and she can barely walk. What activities are recommended to stimulate her recovery?

Hi, when my father got a stroke we decided to leave rehabilitation to professionals, so we took him to a rehabilitation center where he had special exercises, physiotherapy, massages, electro stimulations. Also, he was surrounded by people just like him, and I believe that it was great relief to see that he is not the only one disabled. His program consisted mostly of rehabilitation of motor and sensory deficits, since he had his legs most affected. Rehabilitation of visual and perceptual deficits was not necessary in his case as it wasn’t affected. Some people need rehabilitation of speech-language disorders, and it is so good to see these people learning to speak again.

I can't add much to this thread but I would think one of those wrist exercisers would be great. Get a real easy onoe for them to squueze and have them do as many as they feel is ok. This should get the blood flowing and stimulate the muscles a lot.

Sorry to hear about the stroke.