Do you think that A-fib and gastro symptoms could be connected? A-fib is my diagnose for about a year but recently I started having those gastro symptoms accompaiend also with heartburn sensations and am now very concerned if this also has something to do with my A-fib condition and if so what should I be doing now? Thanks much!

I am also diagnosed with A-fib and as far as I know A-fib doesn't have anything to do with your gastro symptoms –since the most severe complications A-fib related are stroke and heart failure due to the possible blood clot formation but I don't think that A-fib and your gastro symptoms are somehow related for it is more likely those are two different disease you happend to have. Anyway I don't know what sort of meds you are taking to treat your A-fib but it is more likely you are now about to start taking some meds that reduce your gastro symptoms also and I suppose they are about to reduce stomach acids at first place but you should keep in mind that combining such different sort of meds could have cause you some side effects provoking that way some further complications so my advice is to stress to your gastroentologist that you are already diagnosed with A-fib.

Yes in some patients. I suffer from chronic A-Fib with multiple other recorded rhythms. I have had a maze procedure in 2009 and ablation in 2012. This seems to be an indicator with me. My gastro symptoms become so severe it will put me down (short very brief episodes of loss of consciousness) I did well for years post maze procedure. I started getting "sick" 3 years post surgery and sought medical care when debilitating episodes made life unbearable. During a diagnostic colonoscopy my heart started doing it's crazy thing. Lucky we recorded tons of rhythms. Have a young, thorough, talented, and compassionate cardiac electrophysiologists who did a cather ablation procedure Nov 2012. Anyway fast forward to today my symptoms have returned post surgery, more meds, etc. I started yet another 30 day holter monitor. Cardiologist has informed me I'm the rare case but I'm one of the life long sufferers AND my gastro problems are a direct indicator as to how sever my arrhythmia(s) are. It's not common and 2 other cardio guys dismissed it as not possibly connected.