my good friend was celebrating his birthday for two days, so basically, we were drinking alcohol two nights in the row. when I came home, I felt really bad pain in my stomach and I went to the toilet. I noticed a blood in my stool and I really got scared. I was seeking on the internet something about it and I saw that this can be cancer...really? cancer? I also need to tell you that I was diagnosed with gastritis and now I was wondering if this somehow related? or not? should I visit my doctor? let me know what to do...

It seems to me that you are dealing with alcoholic gastritis. It manifests with a blood in stool after drinking alcohol. It is actually an inflammation of the lining of the wall of the stomach by alcohol. But, the good thing is that this condition can be treated with the use of some easily available medications. Anyway, since you are already diagnosed with it, I really think that you should avoid drinking alcohol, it doesn't matter is this a glass of wine or whole bottle. It is not just for you and in my honest opinion, I think that you can live without drinking alcohol. 

Hello there. Look, if you are diagnosed with gastritis, you should not have alcohol in the first place. Why? Because excessive consumption of alcohol can cause it or return or make it worse, it doesn't matter. And you were drinking two days in the row? What was on your mind?

It is definitely alcoholic gastritis. and you should find a treatment for this one as well. Maybe you really should consult your doctor and tell him all about this. Be honest, tell him how many drinks you had and for how long you were drinking. It can be serious. good luck! 

I also don't know what to do, I am seeing a blood in the stool for four days now. In the morning I see the most of it, it is bigger amount then in the evening, so that is why I haven't seen my doctor about this - I always think that this will go away. But it doesn't go away. True, it is lighter than a first day, and I don't have any pain (I had it the first day), but now I am sure that seeing blood in the stool means that there is something wrong. So, will this go away or I really should consult my doctor? I am also diagnosed with gastritis for a couple of years and I was drinking one day, two or three drinks, I can't remember how many of it exactly.

Hello. Every patient is going to react differently to alcohol consumption. That is why, in some patients, gastritis has been linked to the consumption of alcohol, but that means that in most of these cases, the consumption will be excessive. Alcoholic beverages often develop gastritis, because if you drink a lot of it, this constant presence of alcohol in the stomach will irritate the lining. When it comes to that, it will provide no opportunity for healing, and in the most of the cases, you can start seeing blood in your stool. Whenever you see blood, you should consult your doctor. 

hello guys. so, after I wrote this post and after you told me what could be, but that I should visit the doctor, I did that. he did some tests and it seems that alcohol really reacted to my gastritis issue causing blood that I saw. so, I didn't drink since that day. he told me that this can happen to all people who have the same diagnose that I do because alcohol can speed up this whole process causing a blood as a reaction on something that your body doesn't like. I was wondering just one thing - does this means that I cannot drink alcohol like never again? as long as I am dealing with this gastritis? tnx!

Celebrity

Hi, it means that, as long as you have limits while you are doing something, it is ok. Having limit doesn't mean that you can drink alcohol two days in the row. I am glad that you went to see your doctor and that you came back in here, sharing your experience with us. You now do know that any type of alcohol affects the entire gastrointestinal tract, such as the stomach, intestines, and pancreas. The walls of your stomach are lined with muscles. Now, when there is not enough mucous to counteract the acid that comes to your stomach, the stomach lining becomes inflamed and gastritis can result.