hey--i know most people say that adderall makes them drink more and w/out the drunk feeling. i drink on a regular basis and like 5 times this month i have blacked out and passed out to the point where my friends have been worried for my life. i mean i will be pretty jacked off the adderall and too much to drink and i just give out. they can't wake me up no matter how hard they try. i'm not going to do it anymore, but has anyone had this happen. i've never heard of it. i'm freaked out by it. what is happening in my body that would do that--not being able to wake me by smacking and even pouring water on my face. could my heart just stop? thanks in advance for responding.

My dr prescribed me Adderall because I couldn't focus on anything lately. I have been on meds for 12 yrs or so for depression. I've just been on Aderrall for maybe a month and a half. I was a regular beer drinker, but I seem to loathe the stuff now. The first drink (taste i never liked to begin with) is hard to swallow. I used to be able to do my typing up notes and stuff like that while drinking, but now I can't. It seems as if the alcohol is having a faster effect, or it may be that I'm not eating as much as I used to. Nonetheless, and I guess this is a good thing, I don't see myself drinking anymore.

When I take adderall I can drink a hell of a lot more. I do eventually get drunk, but it takes a lot more to get the feeling. It wont make your heart just stop bc alcohol is actually a stimulant just like the amphetamines. So it is basically just speeding your heart up more. But dont get me wrong it is still dangerous because your heart doesnt need to be speeding up that much more. Since it takes more beer to get the feeling, that is just that much more of the sped up heart. But it would take a whole lot for it to make your heart explode or something, if it is even possible. However, habitually doing this could have negative long term effects. It is making your heart beat twice as fast causing it to work that much harder for no reason. This is defiately bad for the long term. I would strongly advise you to stop drinking while on this medication. I am not an expert by any means since I do the same thing sometimes like an id**t, but I can for sure tell you that it is not good for you, so please dont do it anymore. I have made a pact with myself that I am not gonna do it anymore, so we can just both quit at the same time. Hope I have helped you out some way Nick

alcohol is a depressant. erroneous, the whole post.

is a depressant, and its dangerous to drink large amounts while on adderall. But you don't sound too bright, so do what you feel like.

Maybe we'll be reading about you in the paper next week...

I usually just browse through the topics and read some questions and comments and keep on my happy way.... I couldn't help but notice the comment from the guest ''maybe we will read about you in the paper next week;you don't sound to bright anyways''; well how IGNORANT does he sound and why did he even bother commenting? First of all if your going to question or test someones intelligence you should use common sense and explain. Drinking to the point where you blackout and are unconscious is a good indication just your alcohol intake is a dangerous amount. Mixing the two can only mean trouble. The combination itself can cause serious health issues. Adderall being a stimulant, I can almost guarantee it is a dangerous amount of alcohol causing the problem and that is DANGEROUS by itself. Maybe we will read about this guest in I am an ***hole with nothing to do and not an important thing to say!!!!!!LOL