I AM 6 MONTHS AFTER MY 2ND CERVICAL SPINAL SURGERY OVER 4 YEARS LATER I STILL HAVE MUSCLE WEAKNESS IN MY LEFT ARM. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY? THEY ARE GETTING READY TO DO A EMG/NCV TEST WILL THIS ANSWER THERE QUESTIONS? I STILL HAVE PAIN BUT NOT AS BAD. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM? IS IT NERVE DAMAGE LEFT OVER FROM MY NERVE BEING TWISTED AND TRAPPED UNDERNEATH OF DISC? I GOT HURT AT WORK AND HAD TO FIGHT FOR 3 YEARS BEFORE I GOT MY SECOND SURGERY. I LOST MY HOME THAT MY FATHER BUILT AFTER THE STOPPED MY WORK COMP BECAUSE THEY SAID THE SURGERY WASNT NECESSARY. MY DOCTOR WANTED TO DO A COMPLETE FUSION AND I SAID THAT I WOULD JUST DEAL W PAIN AND TIL THE CASE WAS SETTLED BECAUSE IF I DID NEED ANYTHING I DONT WANT TO WAIT 3 MORE YEARS. PLEASE HELP!!! P.S. I HATED THAT WHEN YOUR OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE ALWAYS THINK YOUR JUST LAZY. LIKE I'VE WORKED 3 JOBS @ ONE TIME AND WAS LIKE THIS, YA KNOW?

I think that what you're going through must be very frustrating and I'm sorry to hear it. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know any better than anyone else would right now which is why I think that your doctors ordered an EMG/NCV test. I mean I could speculate on it because it sounds like it could be a pinched nerve but but muscle weakness can be a lot of things. I am sorry that you are going through a hard time. Please keep us posted!

I had surgery 3 yrs ago and suffer from this. along with severe pain on a daily basis. I have undergone every test there is and they cannot find an answer. Very frustrating.
You may be different and maybe an EMG will help them find an answer...just don't be surprised if the test doesn't show anything.

I've been experiencing the same problems. I had my first surgery in 2003, second in 2007 and my most recent in Sept. 2009. My doctor said that because of the many surgeries, it'll just take more time to heal. Plus, my third surgery, he went through the back of my neck, which has more muscles and nerves than the front. I wish you well.