I have read in one prescription that Albendazole is an "antihelmintic". I have no idea what it could be, so I feel stupid. My friend told me that this medicine is anti-worm medication, but I doubt. Is it true that Albendazole prevents worms from growing or multiplying in the body? I would like if you could tell me anything about this drug, because I have heard it might be dangerous with pregnant women.

Everyone who is supposed to take Albendazole should tell to the doctor about any other medical conditions, especially liver disease. Sometimes person may require a lower dose or special monitoring during therapy if you have liver problems. That is true that Albendazole is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether it will harm an unborn baby or not. Anyway, woman should not take Albendazole without first talking to her doctor if she is pregnant. I have to tell you that pregnancy should also be avoided for at least 1 month following therapy with Albendazole. Take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Maybe, if you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain. It is recommended to take each dose with a full glass of water. Take Albendazole tablets with food to lessen stomach upset, this might help you to relieve some side effects.

Very dangerous when pregnant. it is for worms. i am taking it for hookworm but it takes forever to work and it is very rapidly killing my liver. So you have to ask yourself can you handle the infestation of hookworm and the complications they cause(of which is alot) or do you want your liver.