Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!


Hi, after having experienced a very strange itching sensation I thought I must reply to all these interesting posts. I had my first gin and tonic in years, bombay sapphire gin and Schweppes tonic water. My dad made it quite strong so I topped it up with tonic. About an hour after drinking it, my scalp and face starting itching really badly and I wondered if it was a mild allergic reaction. I too suffer from a yeast allergy but gin is distilled so purely that it is one of the safe ones to drink for yeast allergy sufferers. Most wines contain sulphites and many people do not realise that they are allergic to sulphites. If you want to avoid them, try buying organic wines, more expensive but it will stop the rhinitis and flushing. Red wines are far worse than white for allergy/intolerances also. I usually drink white or rose but today decided to have gin and tonic! I will be wiser the next time I have one!
Reply

Loading...

Same here. I've never been ble to tolerate gin as it causes headache, memory loss and speech impediment. Even from just one sip. Once I was in bed for three days afterward. But now I can't drink wine either...flushes, itchy, sniffy, a sore jaw and asthma problems. Both red and white. So there's nothing much left to drink really. Maybe there are more additives in our wine these days?
Reply

Loading...

I first noticed asthmatic effects when drinking red wine. I continued with drinking and eating a typical unhealthy western diet. I broke out with a rash on my face and body. Allergy testing showed a gluten intolerance, wheat, rue, barley... dermatology didn't help. They just gave me creams. I switched to a whole foods diet, with lots of fruit and veggies, stopped drinking and focussed on healing my digestive system. It worked and I can now drink beer like corona, gin, vodka, etc. It's the only way to heal from this problem and internal inflammation is the culprit.
Reply

Loading...