Hi, in May my husband entered a treatment facility for alcohol abuse. He stayed a week for the residential detox, and will begin the outpatient therapy next week. My concern is this: he'd always been sexual in nature and now all of that has changed. He informed this week that along with his lack of desire for alcohol, he no longer has desire for sex. This greatly disturbs me, and I am trying to understand, but not doing a very good job. I keep making things worse by accusing him of being with someone else. What I'd like to know is this: is lack of sexual desire a part of the overall alcohol withdrawal process, and will things get "back to normal" after all the counseling, etc.?
Thanks for your time and any information you can give me regarding this.

I think this is the perfect timing to give your husband all the support he needs and educate yourself about the alcohol withdrawals, both physical and emotional aspects of it.

Of course that he is having low libido, alcohol detox is not an easy task and he needs your support, understanding and accusations could only make him turn to drinking again-nothing else. It won’t bring back his libido and you know that when there is no libido, they can’t perform. They are not like us. We can always pretend if we think it is necessary or important.

So, it is important to try to control your sexual impulses or use a vibrator or ask your husband to help you with a vibrator if he can’t help you in any other way.

If he is taking any medication during his detox program, they may be killing his desire.
Everything will go back to normal once this hard period is over and his libido will return.

WOW! You selfish cow! He's in detox, his body is undergoing all kinds of biochemical chaos and all you can think about how bad it is for you sexually? My God, no wonder he became and alcoholic. You should be ashamed of yourself for accusing him of cheating during this difficult time! SHAME ON YOU!

You're an ignorant f**k. It's a legitimate concern she has.

Drinking can also cause damage if you're planning to have children. Women who drink over the government’s lower risk guidelines can take longer to become pregnant and can suffer from menstrual and fertility problems.

She should be legitimately concerned that he is having an affair because he is uninterested in her while undergoing alcohol withdrawal? Oh, that makes a lot of sense. Got it, now you cleared everytrhing p. She should accuse him, follow him, and maybe get on an episode of "Cheaters."