Hi, can you tell me how long alcohol detox lasts? Is it gradual process? My husband is alcoholic and he went in rehab center two days ago. We can’t talk yet…that is some center rule, I am worried and I don’t know how long he needs to be there.

It is probably better for him not to hear you during this time. Once an alcoholic has gone to a rehabilitation center, the first step in the treatment of his alcoholism would be alcohol detox. It is a period of medically monitored treatment in which an alcoholic is helped and made to overcome his physical dependence on alcohol and is designed to prepare the patient for treatment and rehabilitation. It usually lasts between 3-14 days depending on the severity of the disease. During this period, patients do a “cold turkey” and totally stop drinking. He will experience withdrawal symptoms, which include mild headaches, tremors, cold sweat, and severe seizures.

hello,
few time back I was also a alcoholic but not now,

I think it is good for your husband to undergo any treatment.
& yes it is certainly a gradual process,Sudden change may harm.

remember he needs determination & also family support.
there r many other methods r avilable to get rid of same.
i don't need to tell u more as I remember the web site which helped me
a lot
http://home-gyms-fitness.com/?s=alcohol+detox

visit this site, I guess this will be your final destination

hello,

a lot

hmmm,

Will that take a year if you undergo a Treatment? Or it will just depend on that person if how long he / she recovers?

_______________________________

ruEL

Detox should just be the first phase of anyone’s treatment, the center I work for, Channah Thailand, never takes more then 7 days to detox someone from any substance.

Detox is just getting the alcohol out of the system and getting the body over the point of asking for it. It should be monitored by trained professionals and I would never suggest a person who has been abusing alcohol severely attempt to detox at home.

After the detox however, is when the real hard work starts, addressing the issues of why the person was abusing alcohol in the first place and giving them new coping tools to live their life without alcohol.

2 days off. cold turkey. feelin bad. sweaty, anxious. the works. had a bad headache this morning. slept terribly. (hard to write this email....dizzy)

curious what DT is like though. dont know if I am getting it or not.

was heavy drinker. 10 yrs. towards the end bottle of wine., 6 beerrs a day. black outs on weekends. etc.

advice? comments?

please..

you can go for better rehab center and convince him and take him to rehab center

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed