Hey, I just was told by my doctor that I am diabetic.  I was wondering how much alcohol I can consume witout becoming hypoglycemic? I go out ont he weekends and drink 4 or 5 drinks while out so I want to know if I can still drink taht much and be ok. 

Actually, the concern would be that drinking alcohol will RAISE your blood sugar.  It wouldn't be recommended to consume much more than one drink for the night.  How do your blood sugars look on a daily basis?  Are they well-controlled?  I would be careful about drinking too much when you go out.  And always have a designated driver if you drink over the limit.

Hi, everyone. I was told by my doctor that drinking alcohol can also raise your triglycerides?  I have high triglycerides so I was told not to drink alcohhol even a little wine at night which I've done for years. I find it hard to stick with a diabetic diet let alone having to cut out all my wine.  I heard that as your diabetes gets better, triglyceride levels go down too.  I am hoping that losing weight will help too.  Has anyone been able to lose weight and get their blood sugar levels and triglyceride levels down?  It has been a real battle for me.  I hope I can conquer it but since my husband is not a healthy eater and wants me to cook a lot of junk, like fried potatos and bake cookies all the time, it makes it so hard to stay on my diet.  Does anyone have any advice on how to cook for me (as in healthy food) and cook for my husband to keep him happy?  I've tried to talk him into joining me but he won't have any of it.  He says he's happy eating junk food and he doesn't have any health problems and even if he did, he would die happy eating what he wants.  Any suggestions on how I can manage this?  Thanks!