Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

I havn't been drunk very often, but this summer i unfortunately had a bad exprience with alcohol (passing out...). Ever since then every time i've so much as swallowed alcohol i throw up straight away. I'm not exactly obsessed with drinking, but i can't imagine giving up alcohol altogether, purely for social reasons if nothing else! Am I allergic or what, and what can i do to stop the vomiting?! Please help!!!

Loading...

My dad could have become a severe alcoholic with all the parties and banquets he attended as a military musician. Thank God his stomach couldn't take too much, and tended to 'reverse gears' before any serious damage occurred.

I'd say be grateful, tho' I can understand it's dismaying to think you can't ever enjoy a cocktail or whatever you like. Still, evidently your body is saying 'no', so best take care of it as it's the only one you have.

Look on it as an opportunity to become creative with non-alcoholic beverages that 'taste' alcoholic, and don't tell: see who can spot the difference! Who knows ~ maybe you can turn it into a lucrative hobby.

Cheers!
Reply

Loading...

Alcohol Intolerance:

It is an adverse reaction to the ingestion of alcohol caused by a deficiency of the enzyme Aldehyde Dehydrogenase (ALDH) that is needed to metabolise the alcohol into acetic acid (vinegar). Alcohol unless broken down is toxic to our body. An immediate immune response is triggered and symptoms typical to an allergy occur trying to get rid of the toxins.
Reply

Loading...