Hi, my father always had a habit to drink a little when he comes from work. But recently, he started drinking even more often, and I think he developed a problem. How do I figure out if he’s an alcoholic?

Hi, my father was an alcoholic for many years. He was stabber and he didn’t want to hear about rehab or anything similar. But one day he came home really drunk and he hit my mother. I think it hurt him more than her. The next day he started a rehab process and he never drank again. I always knew when I was a little girl how to figure out if he’s drunk or not. I could see it in his eyes. Some major signs of alcoholism are drinking in secret or alone, blacking out, losing interest in activities, irritability if alcohol isn’t available and keeping it in secret places. Is your father doing any of those things? If he is, talk to him or someone who is close to both of you.

If he drink alcohol everyday. He is an alcoholic now. Stop him before it he will become sober.. Talk to him seriously. Listen to him maybe he has a problem.

**edited by moderator**

Hi:

This is for people who are following up on this topic. There are several signs of alcoholism that are documented by medical professionals. Some of them are: Drinking in isolation; drinking in secret; saying you will stop drinking, but you don't; passing out from drinking; denying the amount of alcohol that is being consumed...There are others, but these are great clues. I hope this has been helpful to someone who might see that their drinking is getting out of control.