For as long as I can remember I have constantly had to clear my throat. It feels almost as though there's a slight weight at the top of my chest all the time or like there's an excess amount of phlegm lodged there (however it is very hard to bring up). My throat itself never actually hurts though. Also, I'm not sure if the two are related, however I have always suffered from a very itchy nose as well. Could this be sinus issues; or is it something else???

Hi, yes it could be a sinus issue but it could be a sign of some other respiratory problem. Well, you say you have a itchy nose and that might be caused by a allergic reaction to something. Do you have any allergies? Even if you think you dont, you might be allergic to dust or pollen or even feathers and thats why you have a itchy nose and phlegm builds up in your throat. You can always start to drink syrup for wet cough to try and to eliminate that phlegm. 

An itchy nose and unclear throat are one of the major signs of allergies. You could be exposed to, pollen, dust, mold, pollution or other environmental sinusitis triggers. The best solution would be to get yourself an allergy test and try to avoid what ever you are allergic to. Allergies make your throat dry, your sinuses produce more mucus to try and hydrate the throat and that is why you end up having to clear your throat so much.