Can I get some information, thoughts or the like about the use of aloe vera? I have been told that it has been used as a natural coagulant for many years and that its use carries no side effects and the success is almost universal. What do you think about this? What are the benefits of aloe vera and should I try?

The first part of your statement is certainly true - aloe vera has been used in that capacity and there is evidence suggesting is does a fine job of that. However your second part sounds more like the advertising we often see used by cosmetic companies. I even have a pillow with aloe vera, which they claim makes you sleep better. It's a fine pillow but I don't remotely notice any difference between that one and any other pillows, and any calming effects are nowhere to be seen. Apart from aloe vera, perhaps some common sense needs to be applied to the skin in high doses as well :-).

Aloe Vera is mostly known as sunburn healer or effective tool for constipation. But aloe vera can be used as coagulant too. There are many proven experiences with numbers of patients with IBS or Crohn D.