Hello. My dog is having problems with his skin. I don’t know much about skin problems that dogs can have because I’ve always had cats. This is the first time a have a dog. 

When my cats have a skin problem, it is usually caused by some allergic reaction, so I usually change their food and soon after that, they’re fine. 

But with Scooter, I don’t know what to do . He has a rash on his back. What can I do to make it disappear? 

Please if anyone has experience with rashes, tell me how to get rid of it.

It’s ok, dog skin rashes It can be cured quite easily with the right treatment. Here is what you can do.

You can buy DERMagic Cell Restoration Creme. This crème includes some ingredients that are known to calm skin and heal rashes. Some of those ingredients are shea butter, tea tree oil, rosemary, sesame oil , aloe vera etc.

You can also use coconut oil. I heard it is good for rashes even though I’ve never tried it.

What I do know is great is aloe vera. For both human and dog’s rashes. I just love it. You’ll see people use it to calm their skin all the time. It works for dogs too.

I can recommend you aloe vera and chamomile tea for treatment of rash. That are two natural ways I prefer the most.

My corgi had problems with rash several times. That is why I suggest you to try to determine the cause of rash. Maybe this time it isn’t food, but some environmental factor which needs to be eliminated from his surroundings.

One more thing. Do you bath him regularly? If not, you need to start and ask your vet which shampoo is the best for his skin. That way you will prevent any further skin problems (of course, not all of them).

I didn’t have any bad experience with rash on my dog’s back, but my friend and her husband spent a fortune on finding a proper treatment for rash. They done everything and anything to cure the rash, but nothing helped them. I told them that they are silly and that they should try to get rid of the rash with aloe vera. They were skeptical but they tried this, and after two months, this bad rash completely disappeared. I just want to say that you really always should try natural treatments, before giving a lot of money. Sometimes the cure is not so expensive. 

This question can be answered in so many ways. But let me try to sum it all up.

First of all, you cannot get rid off the rash unless you eliminate the thing that is causing it. And to do that you obviously need to discover the cause.

What I know works great for rashes is definitely aloe vera. It has a calming effect on the sin. And also chamomile tea. These two I’ve tried. What I didn’t try but I heard also works is coconut oil. If you decide to try it let me know does it work.

Have anyone ever tried using baby powder? Or is that a stupid idea?

Did you find the right diagnosis for rash on dog’s back? If you didn’t, you have to do this because that is the only way to find a cure. Now, parasite infections can cause a rash, it can cause allergic reactions as well. If the rash is caused by parasite infections, groom the dog daily with a flea com that is fine toothed. Fleas are really common, but some dogs are just allergic on them, on their bites. This all can lead to the irritation and itching.

But, as I said before, you need to find out what caused this rash on your dog’s back.

Hello there. I had this problem as well, so I can help you from my own experience. It was some ordinary rash, caused by fleas and I just can’t remember what was the other reason, because it was three years ago. Now, my friend is obsessed with pets generally, so she told me one advice that was really helpful in my case. I will share it with you. Put some garlic in the dog food every day, because it is really healthy and is will help you. Also, you have to wash your dog’s bed once a week, and use some hot, soapy water, because dog’s bed can be full of bacteria’s.

Thank you all so much on your answers. It’s nice to have someone to inform you when you need it.

I knew that aloe vera is great for humans, for their skin. My skin was always irritated after I shave. So I started using depilation crème and I was amazed how soft and gentle my skin was after using it. It turned out that besides the depilation function,  that crème it is a moisturizer. And aloe vera is one of its main ingredients.

I had no idea they use it for dogs too.

Do you know how to use it naturally? Is there a natural aloe vera gel or something?