Hello everyone. I have a three year old dog who is constantly getting rashes on his skin. I don’t know why is that happening. At first I thought when we get of the first one I’ll take better care of his hygiene and we won’t be having that problem again. But after a month he got a new rash and ever since then, he keeps getting these rashes. I found this spray that my vet suggested and I bought it for him, but it doesn’t have any effect. I am now thinking to try some other option. Do you maybe know what are the best home remedies for dog’s skin rash?

I prefer home remedies. They are less expensive than those sprays and also more effective if you ask me. 

Nothing will help your dog’s rash like aloe vera gel. You can buy the plant and prepare the gel on your own.  That’s the best option. Or you can find someone who sells homemade aloe vera gels. 

The other thing that also helps is coconut oil. I’ve never tried it but I have heard it helps. My friend used it when her dog had a rash. 

And there’s of course chamomile tea. It has a great , calming effect on the skin.

I will sound like a parrot, but I need to repeat this one more time: aloe vera and chamomile tea. They are the best home remedies for your dog’s rash.

Now after I pulled that weight off my shoulders, I can tell you a few more tips.

I reckon that you are bathing your dog regularly? If that is a case, try putting less shampoo in the bath, as too much shampoo can dry the dog’s skin and cause irritation. You can use Epsom salt mixed with warm water to wash the area affected with rash. Or you can disinfect rash area with Povidone iodine which you can buy in any pharmacy.

Hope this will be of some help to you!

Hey. Pretty good advices, but you can also try cider vinegar. It was used over a centuries for a lot of medical issues, and it is very effective for skin conditions. You can mix it with water in equal quantities and use it as a rinse after bathing your dog. Also, you should buy medicated dog shampoo. I also would recommend you to let your dog’s coat dry naturally. You can also use apple cider in a spray bottle. Just spray it on the itchy spots. I was using this a few years ago, and it was really helpful to my dog. 

I totally do agree that aloe vera and chamomile tea are the best option that you can get. You can’t go wrong with chamomile tea, because it can help you with everything. I have heard that oatmeal is good at this, but I don’t have experience to be honest. I know that it draws toxins out of the skin. You can make it alone – put in blender and add some water. Bath your dog with this, and let this on your dog's skin for 10 to 15 minutes. You should try baking soda as well. I was using this and it is just fine :)

I completely agree when it comes to aloe vera. Chamomile tea also. I’ve never heard that apple cider can help, but it is possible. It makes sense actually.

Povidone Iodine is great for all kinds of skin rashes and infections. Back when my mother’s dog had a rash, she used to bath him more than usual, and every time after the bath she would clean the rash area with Iodine.

She explained me once that Iodine prevents bacteria , and since your dog will be licking the rash, you want to make it clean and bacteria free.

You can buy Povidone Iodine in almost every pharmacy. 

Povidone Iodine is great! I completely forgot to mention it. It helped both me and my cat many times. It’s not expensive at all and you can find it everywhere. 

If you want to disinfect something with povidone iodine you should dilute it until it’s the color of the iced tea. 

You should dilute it with warm water.  

And when you do that just take some cotton balls and pour some iodine on them. Gently clean the rash area with it and then let it dry.  

You can do this twice a day, especially if your dog’s rash is more serious. 

Well, since you say your dog is getting these rashes continuously, it’s pretty obvious that the cause of his rashes is still around. 

You need to find it and eliminate it. Although aloe vera and povidone iodine can help calm and clean your skin, eliminating the cayse is the only way to actually prevent rashes from happening. 

Now the cause can be anything. It can be the food you are giving him. It could be some allergy. Could he be allergic to flea bites? Pay attention to that.   

If you don’t believe it’s flea bites allergy, try to change his food. 

Yes, I have heard that apple cider can help, but I haven’t tried it as well. Maybe I will one day, but I know that my first option is always chamomile tea and aloe vera. I have heard that baking soda can be helpful as well, but to be honest, I don’t know how. How to use it. Povidone Iodine is totally great, I agree with this, but I don’t know is this one of the home remedies? It is helpful, of course, I know from my own experience, because I was using it a couple of times and the rash disappeared really fast.