My severe sunburn was feeling so much better this morning, and felt even better after a cool shower with almost no pain, just a little sensitivity in the shoulders.

Then I noticed just now that I'm covered in bubbles filled with a clear fluid. I also woke up with a blister on my lip yesterday... and I woke up with it draining this morning... eek!

Why do I have bubbles, and what does this mean? They don't hurt at all, just itch. I'm not scratching and when I feel an unbearable itch, I just pat the area... but the bubbles are grossing me out.

Hi It's called heat or sun blisters, if you put cold compress's on them and if they burst put a little pollysporin on them they should go away soon. Also you can use Stop Itch or anything like that to make it heal quicker. Another good and cheap solution is Calamine lotion, it cools and dries the area out. My nephew is in Houston right now and I understand it is VERY hot there. Keep out of the sun and heat - IF you can :$ ;-) o.O

It was 102 today and I have stayed indoors because heat makes the itching unbearable.

Why did they come up right after my shower?

When you burn the body releases fluids through the skin - basically it's own airconditioning system - it was probably already started blistering but you couldn't tell, so when you put the water on it and the water was already coming from inside your body!!!!! They joined forces so to speak and created the blister. When those poor poor people whom get burnt all over their bodies, its not the burn that kills them actually its the body loosing so much water the kidneys and other organs - that need water - fail, causing death. That's why you are more likely to die of heat stroke than sun stroke - even though the 2 are similar of course. If a child or an animal is trapped in a hot car, it is just a matter of minutes before their bodies start shutting down. So you know your body is doing it's job by creating these blisters. Just keep it cool - cotton clothes, try and get as much air as possible to the area and keep it dry and comfortable! I could NOT handle 102!!!!!!! o.O :$ XD 8)

Thanks so much Bambi... and as for the 102... lol, I can't stand the heat for this reason.

Hi Sonialei, I noticed it's been a few days since you last posted. How are you doing? It sounds like you were feeling pretty awful the first time when you posted so I'd like to see if you're doing better now. I've also heard what you have as called sun poisoning so I hope that the bubbles are down now and that your skin is doing better too. Thanks in advance for letting me know.

Hi Healthnfitnessguy,

Sorry it took me so long to post a reply... pc fried :'(

I noticed they'd come up when I was not in a cool place. After I figured that out I stayed inside XD Then my skin started peeling and that was it. I've since stayed out of the sun since it's made my skin much more sensitive, but I do have to say that Hylira is probably what helped me, followed by a layer of aloe vera gel.

Thanks so much to everyone who responded!!!!!!

Blessings

So glad to hear it didn't turn out to be anything very serious. I can tell you this: that sort of thing is known as sun poisoning, so please try to avoid it from this point on! It's worse than a sunburn. But I am very glad to hear that you're doing well now. :)

Hey everyone,

I got sunburnt last week at a waterpark because I did not reapply my sunscreen after being exposed to water for a few hours. My skin was really red for 4-5 days and the pain was really bad. I applied Aloe Vera gel 3 times a day and the redness has subsided, but now I'm really itchy! I've started to peel only a bit, but I noticed that I also got a lot of those sweat bubbles after working out and taking a shower. Some have popped/peeling but the majority have not and I'm afraid that they might just stay that way forever! Is there anything I should/can do to make them go away? Thanks in advance!

Dave

Hi Dave: I promise you they wont stay forever! The first thing to do is get ahold of some REALLY cheap items from a drug store/supermarket! You will need just your regular Baking Soda, Rolled Oats/Oatmeal, White Vinegar, Calamine Lotion, and Gold Bond Powder!

Take a luke warm bath with about 2 cups of Baking Soda in it and if you can get ahold of some cheese cloth or even regular hand towel will work too, put about a cup of COOKED oatmeal in the middle of it, make it into a pouch - like a Christmas pudding! When you are running the bath water, make sure that the ball of oatmeal is hanging below the tap so the warm water is running through it, this will leave the water white! . Once in the bath, take the ball of oatmeal and keep soaking it in the bath then dab it over the burnt spots. DON'T rinse off! You will look pasty but it works. Also using a cotton wool ball soaked in white vinegar and dabbing this on to your itchy blisters will help the itch go away and heal the blister. Same with calamine lotion! It totally calms everything down! You can also take Benedryl to stop the swelling and itching.

IF this still leaves you itchy - which I don't think so - you can use Gold Bond itch powder! Also if you live anywhere where there's a store called Lush!! Then they have 2 fantastic products for sore skin! One is called Cerradwins Bath Melt - this is the same thing and you put it in your bath tub! Plus Fresh Pharmacy Soap! This is FILLED with Calamine lotion and Chamomile! I used this on my youngest son when he had Chicken Pox! It's the BEST!! And keep drinking water, so you don't get dehydrated. Following this should alleviate your problems VERY quickly. Let me know how it goes OK? Good luck and health!

Hi Dave, are these starting to clear up for you? I know it's only been a couple days since you posted but these things usually clear up pretty quickly. Let me know, okay?

I recently went out in the sun and got serverly sunburnt, I had been putting lotion on my arms and legs to moisturise them. I thought they had been healing well, however i took a long walk today in the heat and as I was so burnt i figured it was best to cover up. When I got home I looked at my legs and there were tiny little bubbles with water/sweat in them, on my legs and some on my arms. What should I do? I showered in cold water to cool my legs, some of the pockets have gone down, but now some of the skin is pealing, but there are still filled pockets/bubbles. Is there something special I should do? would baby oil with aloe vera help? That is the only thing I have :S Please help me! Thank you!

did you use shower gel? and what brand ive found with particular brands like linx etc it has a bad effect on my tender burned skin. i got in touch with my consultant and after a few tests we found out which components i was allergic too and too look out for. lynx certainly now repels the ladys rather than attracts them.

Hey guys,

I recently got burned quite severely. I managed to drop the pain a bit by using aftersun (Nivea and Ice Alo Vera).It's still pretty painful and hurts quite bad. My flight's tomorrow and I'm afraidsod being in a seven hour flight with sunburns AND those icky bubbles on my skin. :'(

I am a very fair skinned person and have been seared to maximum level of a one degree burn. On day 5 of the burn (coming from lobster red to pinky) I had these bubbles today and they do not hurt if you need to pop them. I would suggest bathing as I did, before you pop them. I had big blisters so I had no choice. I recieved my burn on Sunday and was shaking like a leaf, hallucinated,  and felt like I was on fire. I realize now I could have had a heat stroke. I tough everything out in life so maybe I'm just used to doing so. My treatment started the next day. I coated my entire body 3x a day with aloe viera and bathed at night for 1 hour. By day 3 I stopped the aloe viera as it was sticky and since I had a full body burn it made it even worse to try and sleep; however by doing so I upped my bathes to twice a day for 1 hour at morning and 1 hour at night. It's day 5 and I have now changed the bathing cycles to 30 min sessions. One in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night. I hope to start peeling as tomorrow is day 6. I have a new job awaiting me Monday. One thing I can say is you are capable, strong, and intelligent enough to get through this. Just tell yourself you can do it and keep fighting! YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!!!

Best of luck,