Hi, I am 39 years old, and I suffer from diabetes. I am eating healthy food, I have regular exercises and I test my glucose every day. However, I think I should try some alternative medicine methods too, like acupuncture or mind medicine. Does anyone have an experience with this way of treating?

Hi, I’ve had type 2 diabetes for several years now. It is the most common type of diabetes. It is actually a metabolic disorder resulting from the body's inability to make enough insulin. I am on a high-fiber diet and I am using some drugs, but I am also taking some alternative medicine products. The plant extract guanidine and Aloe vera are helping me by lowering blood glucose. Acupuncture is believed to trigger the release of natural painkillers, and it could help me very much because I have neuropathy caused by diabetes. Alternative medicine has one more important way of treating diabetes, and that is mind/body medicine. I haven’t tried it yet, but I heard it’s helpful, because it reduces stress. A stressful life can often worsen diabetes, and that’s why it has to be treated.