Hello, I am 54 years old and I had cataract surgery several years ago. But since the eyesight has started to reduce again, doctor said that it is time for Yag posterior laser capsulotomy. When can I expect improvement after this procedure? Actually, why is this operation done in the first place? Thanks for the answer in advance.

This kind of procedure is used for dealing with so called post cataract. All those that had a cataract surgery are in a risk of developing minor eye problems again, and that can be dealt with by Yag posterior capsulotomy. I know that patients almost an hour or two after the procedure is done, leave the doctor’s office. So, I guess the improvement is not far.

Hallo,
The clouding of the part of the lens is very often a complication after you have standard extracapsular surgery for cataract. If this is the problem that you have than the YAG laser surgery if a solution that will help you. This procedure also has some risk like swelling of the corneal edema or bleeding into the front of the eye. You will need to wait at least two weeks before you can see any progress. Also you have to know that there is a chance that you might develop retinal detachment after the surgery. Talk to your doctor about this and see what can be done to prevent this.

All the best to you,
Karen

Hello I just wondered if anyone can help me I had yag laser 48 hours ago for the cloudiness in my eye after cataracts does anyone know how long it takes to see any improvement as so far it seems the same 

thanks sara

i sarah,just seen your post,from a year ago, i hag jag few days ago ,cant any improverment,if anything they are worse,did you get better thanks steve in kent