Hi All. I need some help on this. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 2 months or so. My last PD started on 1/2/11 and according to an ovulation calculator, I was scheduled to ovulate around the 17. We had intercourse a few times that week, but not on the exact day. My PD was scheduled to come on 1/31, but never did. I waited until 2/3 and took an EPT +/- test. The result came back looking negative, but when I put it under the light, there was a thin blue line where the plus sign would be. The following morning, There was a very small amount of blood when I wiped, so I thought I was just getting my PD late. I waited all day. I even had cramps and my lower back hurt all evening but nothing came... It was slightly tinted when I wiped after going to the bathroom, but nothing significant enough to wear any liners/pads. It is now 2/6 and it's the same way... no real period, but an occasional light brown discharge when I wipe. I usually see brown blood before my period begins for the first few hours, but is now 3 days without any progress. I took another pregnancy test, and it comes up with the same result!!If Still no change by next week, I may try a different test (I heard the pink tests are more accurate) Has anyone ever gone through this before? I'd love to hear your outcome!!

I'd definitely wait a few days and take another test if I were you or better still, make an appointment with the doctor or family planning clinic and have them do a test for you. You really need to look very carefully at the tests because they can appear very faint. The main reason for this would be that your body isn't yet producing enough of the pregnancy hormone yet to give a strong positive result. This happened to me when I was pregnant in 09 and another test a few days later did show up positive.
The small amount of blood you're describing could be implantation bleeding, this usually lasts about 3 days though so if it continued much longer than this it may well have just been a period. I occassionally get a lighter period every now and then and it could just be due to hormonal fluctuations. If you've taken another test now I'd love to hear what happened.