I am three weeks late on my period and I have taken 4 at home pregnancy test. Is there anyway that they are wrong? What else could be happening?

YES!! I was positive I was pregnant with my first child after being 1 day late. I took 2 at home tests then 3 days later went to the drs for urine test and still neg. 4 days after that it was positive. It's very common to get a neg. when you are very early pregnant. Wait a few days and do it again otherwise go for a blood test.

Yes, it is very common to get a negative test despite being pregnant during very early pregnancy. Especially women who have irregular cycles can test too early for the hCG to be detected. Or they may have bought a pregnancy test that just isn't sensitive enough, because different tests have different levels of sensitivity. 

A three week late period, negative pregnancy test is a different story though. That is no longer "very" early pregnancy. At this stage, hCG should be detectable. I find it unlikely that the OP will still be pregnant in this case. 

OP, if you still don't get your period next time, see a doctor. 

government research went into pregnancy testing and found that despite claims of the tests being 99% accurate as soon as the period is missed, when they tested 18 different pregnancy tests with the urine of a pregnant woman who was one day passed a missed period only 15% came back positive.

however, after 7 days missing a period, all tests came back positive.

this is why you hear stories of women testing multiple tests and all being negative, they did it too early.

its best to test 7 days after the period is missed, THEN tests are 99% accurate, so in your case I would trust the tests. but still go to the doctor, as other things can affect your cycle, like cysts etc. so make an appointment.

hi haylee, were you pregnant??? I am in the same boat 3 weeks late neg test I am now feeling ill Id likle to know how your sotry turned out.

hi i just wanted to say not all pregnancy tests work i done 15 home test all neg 2 doctors tests also neg i was 15 weeks before the doctors test said i was pregnant

i am almost 3 weeks late for my period, i have done 6 test and still have another, everyone thinks im pregnant, but im not sure they all came up neg. i havent been feeling well and i have had very bad diariah. i really need advice i cant stop thinking about this...

i am almost 3 weeks late for my period. i have taken 6 or 7 tests and all say negative... im not so sure what to do or think. i mean they are all negative so im not pregnant right? i have been having bad diarriah also, what is wrong with me please help me!!

Im 15 years old and my period is 3 weeks late. i am really scared and dont know anything about how to deal with this. some one please help me.

I have missed my period by 3 weeks. i dont know what to do. the last time i was sexually active was in august but i had my period in september but now nothing. please help me.

I am over 3 weeks late and I have received 8 negative tests. Can't go to the doctor because I lost my insurance because my husband got laid off. I am really upset. I can't take this anymore. I was pregnant and lost my baby back in December and I have been trying since. I am tired of being let down not to mention not knowing since my body is usually on schedule. I don't know and I give up. :-(

Hello.

I am 13 days late now. I'm usually bang on, every 28 days. I'm not worried about it, if I am pregnant, as we are trying, I have minor cramping in my lower abdomen, mid back pains, water retention (swelling), head aches (on and off), no period since September 18th. I have been feeling nautious on and off, and dizzy. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests, all of which were negative, and the last one I took was on Thursday. I am going to test again tomorrow morning, but if that one is negative, I will be going to the doctor for a blood test. I'm diabetic, so it's nothing to fool around with for me, as diabetes can really cause problems in a pregnancy if you aren't completely controlled. I will let you guys know what I find out, but if anybody else finds anything out, please let me know!

Thanks and Good Luck to all of you.

And for the young female who MAY be pregnant (last post), please go to a family planning clinic and get yourself on birth control if you're not. You're playing rushian roulette by participating in these sexual encounters. Please take care of yourself.

i'm over 3 weeks late and i'm SOOO scared
i'm 16 years old and i haven't been sexualy active since august
what is wrong with me? could i have been drugged or something?
why is my period SOOO late?
i'm freaking out... please someone help...

So i'm 3 weeks and a day late and i've taken 5 preg tests i seriously have no idea whats going on and i'm waiting for my medical cards to go to the doctor but i dont know what to do.....i'm not sick but i'm emotional i do get diariia (sp sorry) and sore breasts but i dont know what to do at first i thought maybe it was a thyroid problem i read signs but i'm not really having any of them so i'm confused pleaase help :-(

well my last period ended dec 4th...i'm only 17 but my boyfriend and I want a baby...i took a pregnancy test which said neg almost a week ago...should i take another?