I’ve been talking to my friends about sexually transmitted diseases and it seems that they are very spread among our campus. I am first year college student and hearing about these kinds of issues worries me. I have very often vaginal discharge and I feel itching. I am having sex with my boyfriend and I am worrying that he infected me. I heard one girl talked about trichomonas. What are the symptoms for trichomonas? Is it possible that he transmitted me that?

Well it is possible because it affects both man and woman. Trichomonas is common sexually transmitted disease, caused by parasite Trichomonas vaginalis. Symptoms in women can be characterized by a yellow, smelling, frothy vaginal discharge and itching, sometimes pain during urination. If you recognize some symptoms go and visit your gynecologist. Your boyfriend should also check himself, just to make sure that both of you are not contaminated. Don’t worry it is treated with antibiotics, but both of you have to be treated otherwise the infection won’t be cured.