I need to know if this formulation of amlodipine contains gluten. I am celiac.

Mary Jo Smith wrote:

:twisted:
I am celiac also and would like to know if amlodipine is gluten free. My pharmacy keeps changing manufacturers, this last bottle I got is made in India and distributed from N. J. I can't seem to find out. Novsac is so expensive but it is gluten free.

Hi There,
I am not sure if there is any gluten in Amlodipine. Amlodipine is a calcium-channel blocking agent. Why are you using these pills? I think that you need to tell your doctor about this before you have the prescription. Doctor needs to know if these pills can harm you or make more complications in your body. You have to know that every pills have some side effects that might cause many problems if they are not administered properly. You can also ask at your local pharmacy about this, they should know about these things as well. I hope that this helped you in any possible way.

All the best,
Danella

amlodipine/gluten free

I take this drug and get it from Wegman's - I always ask for it from Mylan labs - it is GF!!!