Hello guys.

I found this cat outside today when I came back from my work. I don’t know how she did it, but I found her at the attic of my house.

I think that she is older cat (I don’t know is cat male or female – I don’t have experience with it lol ), but I definitely think that she is older and I believe that she has some healthy issues.

I am going to visit the vet tomorrow.

My friend told me that I should feed her with gluten free foods.

Can you tell me the list of gluten – free food for cat?  

Hello, Carla. Did she told you why is the best option to try with gluten free food? Any idea? It is generally a good choice but I need to admit you that some of your questions in here are not complete. If you know what I mean. That is a little bit confusing so please don’t get us wrong when you don’t get answers that you expected. Here is the list if you need it. You can feed your cat with Natura, Evo, Orijen, Taste of Wild, Insticnt, Wellness core, natural balance, etc. Is this what you are looking for?

Hey guys,

I can agree with Dog Whisperer, unless it's just something that your friend told you even without any additional info on the cat. People usually give cats gluten free food only if these cats are too sensitive to gluten.

I've been searching around about the gluten free food for your cat and this is what I've found:

- Wellness Pet Food, has products that are made for protein-focused diets with no added grains.

- Blue Buffalo, makes products that are 100% grain free.

- California Natural uses high quality protein in their products and

- Eagle Pack Holistic Select, their food is made with a single protein source: fish based and poultry free.

Hey guys,

It's nice of you Carla that you are taking care of this cat. I wish that more people around here were like you.

They already wrote you some of the names of the brands which make gluten free food so I'm just going to point out some things regarding how should this diet look like. 

Basically, you need to search for food that is rich in protein, quality protein, and this food should also be poor in carbohydrates, or in the other words, grain free.

When you understand these things, you will be able to search for yourself and find the food that you think suits for this cat.

Hey there everyone.

Well I just can’t let her be hungry or unprotected: /  Like I told you already, I wanted to visit the vet but it is impossible to catch her. She is running away whenever I want to come closer to her :/ I really don’t know what to do. I think that she is scared a lot.

I bought Wellness pet food just now. I was reading your posts and I went in pet shop. Guy who works there told me that Wellness Pet Food is amazing thing. I bought it but she doesn’t want to eat it.

Now I checked and I saw that she touched the food but just a little bit.

I will try some other products that you recommended. Maybe she doesn’t like this brand.

Hey everyone,

Good call Carla. Just leave it there, you shouldn't expect that she is going to eat it in front of you. You can pour some milk in a cup and put it there for her, too, since milk is gluten free as well. 

She is probably scared so it won't be easy at all to approach her, so don't try to. You need to get her trust and it is going to feel great when you do. 

You can at least do whatever you can to help her. Provide her with food and water and if she leaves in the end, be glad that you at least helped her. :)

Hey.

According to what you are telling us that cat is scared and you should not force her to do anything in front of you. I agree with Dalmatian Lover, just leave the food there and I am sure that she is going to eat it.

I don’t see why you need to experiment with gluten free food until you see what is really going on with her.

Just give some ordinary food to her, try to gain her trust and then decide what is the best for her, with a help of your vet of course.

Have a nice day :)

Hey there. You can try some simple food but gluten free food is always a good choice for your cat. I would try to give her this food slowly as these foods are really different from any other food. Dalmatian Lover already gave you the list of the best gluten free foods for your cat, but I would add some :)

Wet food – Evanger’s, Innova Evo, Instinct, Newman’s Own grain free and Pinnacle.

Dry food – Taste of the Wild, Before Grain, Indigo Moon, Instinct, Orijen, Wellness Core and Inova Evo.

The list is long and you can try to pick up what is the best for this cat :)

Hey everyone,

I don't understand why are you giving her gluten free food either. This diet is usually given as a treatment for celiac disease or if the cat is simply sensitive to gluten. Since this cat is probably starving, you need to give her some good food, some quality food and leave it there for her. Milk is a good idea, I saw someone mentioned it.

I don't think you'll ever get the cat's trust, it's just how cats are so don't get your hopes too high. Once this is done and she is feeling better, you will probably never see her again. :)

Hey Carla,

Any news? I'm guessing that by now this cat should be letting you come at least a bit closer to her. 

I had luck with my cat that I found in the attic too, by the way! I moved into a new place and there she was. She didn't let me get anywhere near her, I think it took a week until I was able to touch her. I used to leave her food and water in the attic so I didn't even use the attic for the first week. But later, when the cat became all friendly, she was acting like this house was all hers. :)