Please, tell me how can one have high eye pressure and not have glaucoma? At what high range do the eye drops start? I had tested recently it was 31mm hg.

Normal pressure in the eye is between 12-21mm hg. I guess you are in group of people that are fortunate in that their optic nerves can tolerate pressures outside this range. If there are no other signs of glaucoma then high pressures can be followed and simply observed, although most docs will treat a pressure greater than 30mm Hg.

I was recently diagnoised with psuedotumor. It is a condition where your body reacts as if there is a tumor in your head when there is not. This causes the eye pressure to raise. I have recently read that eye pressure can flucuate largely over times of day. I always see my specialist at the same time of day. Should he be checking it during an earlier part of the day to compare? I am not very happy with this doctor but can not find another neuro-opthmologist in my area.

I also have high eye pressure with no signs of Glaucoma. I have some other issues that cause some issues with pressure but my eye doc also said that if you have thick corneas it makes your pressure read higher.

If you are worried about having a very high reading and feel that you have been misdiagnosed I suggest going to another doctor. There are quite a few places that you can go and just ask for a quick pressure test. It is possible you won't even be charged. If they are alarmed by your pressure test then they will tell you. Good luck!

my eye pressure is 49. i feel like something is in my eye and i have a headache all thr time. i just had carerac surgery and that went ok but pressure is up.

When the blood sugar level in the eye increases, it will affect the eye lens which will get swells up. Then it will leads to Glaucoma.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use