well! I've probably become quickly reputed as the 17 year old hypochondriac due to my constant posting about questions related to issues I was dealing with for I forget how long. I am feeling significantly better though. My question is this: Is it possible that the reason I've been feeling these problems (panic attacks, difficulty swallowing, so on) is cause I simply just like someone? And that my subconcious was causing me to think there were other issues like heart problems and so on? Which gets me to my reason for wondering this. I have officially concluded that I have a crush on a girl in my church. As I've felt nervous around her and have been finding her cute for over a year now. As I've been thinking of this lately, I'm noticing that I feel almost completely back to normal. So is this possible? And can someone direct me to research proving this (that is on a safe website)? With generalized regards, The Sickened Man.

Mornin sickman,

Please forgive me as i am not trying to minimize your plight, but.........i think that you may have been bitten by the love bug! Being close to someone that we are crushing on could actually make us sick, not in a bad way tho. Panic attacks, nervousness, sweating, stuttering, difficulty swallowing is a bad case of the "Oh my Gosh's" and your freaking out over it.

As far as directing you to a safe website, i suggest looking up panic attacks and the reason for them. I think you will find that a panic attack is caused by some kind of interuption in your life, even a good interuption can cause us to go into a tail spin. So now if you decide to at on your feelings, you will probably feel the panic all over again. I think that becuse you allowed yourself to finally realize that you like this girl, your nerves have settled a bit causing the anxiety to rest. Now, if you want to, move on to actually speaking to her. Good luck.

Love bug eh? Sounds reasonable. Okay well that seems to put my mind at ease a little. So! On to talking to her next time I see her. Hopefully I'll stay calm and normal.

okay! Well! I'm hoping she'll be at youth group tomorrow. I'm a little apprehensive just thinking about it. Other general questions I'd have is: Is occasional depression to the point of crying normal in having a crush? I have had points where I wanted to cry for no known reason. Other than that though, any advice you'd like to give?

We all feel sad and emotional at certain times in our lives, and  we all cry for some reason or another. Happiness can make us cry, something sad and or tragic can make us cry, even the occasional cry when there is absolutly nothing wrong. One can get emotional when they want something and either can't have it or can't figure out how to get it, crying over that is based on frustration.

When you speak of depression, is it frustration or are you honestly depressed about something? Every human gets depressed once in a while, as do animals. This is quite normal. But if you allow your depression to become severe enough where you loose control if it, that means it's time to see your doctor. Getting overwhelmed with something like your crush, could get you so frustrated to the point where you can break down and have a good whine for yourself.

When you are feeling these depressed feelings, what is actually happening at the time? Sometimes i get up on the wrong side of the bed and stubbing my toe on the way to the coffee pot can totally ruin the rest of my day. I to cry at the most inopertune times, and i thinks it's a bunch of stuff that is all banded together in my head and i just can't sort it out. The next day it's good.

I hope you have good luck with this young lady at your group meeting. Just be relaxed and calm and just talk, you'll be fine. If she is not interested, you will pick up on that really fast, but don't let it get you down.

Well usually I'm just thinking of either her, or just liking someone in general. Could be frustration. I have been attempting to talk to her but she hasn't been at church the past few times I have OR we've missed church that day. And I'm usually thinking to myself. I'm going to just have to wait. Other times I'm just thinking of the whole subject of liking someone in general, what it leads to, what its like, and I just start to feel strangely sad. And often ask myself why im liking someone now and not a year later at least (a note: I've avoided liking girls in my earlier years. I was too busy with other stuff.) It's primarily cause i feel unprepared. Though thats gradually dissipating. Well I can be ever hopefully. I might get lucky and she'll be there. She usually doesn't go to youth group. But hopefully.

She wasn't at youth group tonight (i expected that). On the upside I may get to see if she's there sunday. Oh my I feel weird. Really weird. Like I have the urge to just hug a girl. And kiss them. Oh my. :(

I might get to see her at church later tonight. I'm going to talk to her if shes there.