Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Hello, I would like some help concerning my son’ health. He is allergic to bee sting and that’s just what happened last week. He did not mention that immediately, but the symptoms were very clear soon after. He started suffocating, probably because of the swollen glottis. He received therapy fast and it all ended ok. But I am still frightened…

Loading...

Very often, each allergic reaction might be followed with epiglottis swelling and this could happen to all other connective tissue (testicles, nose, lips etc). It is very important to react on time to prevent suffocation (swelled epiglottis leads directly to obstruction of air flow). It is a good thing you acted fast, things might have gotten complicated.
Reply

Loading...

Hi There,
It is interesting that his reaction didn’t started at the same moment that he got sting with the bee. I know that these reactions are usually immediate and that suffocation is one of the main problems that can happen in this allergic reaction. You have to know that he needs to see a doctor immediately in order to get a shot of antihistamines which will counter attack the allergic reaction which will help him to get the swelling of the epiglottis down. You have to keep him out of the bees. How old is your son? I hope that this helped you in any possible way.

All the best,
Danella
Reply

Loading...