Can anybody tell me more about this tongue problem? It hurts pretty much. It really does look like an atlas. I have patches on my tongue and they move from one to place to another around my tongue. I have been to a Japanese restaurant and used some of the extra sauces, maybe that was the reason these patches appeared. MY friend told me what it is, she studies medicine and she told me there is no cure. It is not that I doubt her knowledge, it is just that I wanted to check if anybody knows how to get rid of it quickly. Thank you

There is nothing that I know of. I had this thing a couple of times now. It is soooo annoying. Besides that it looks ugly, it burns like crazy. The good thing is that it never lasted for more than 10 days. My doc told me that if it lasts longer than that, that I should see him.

Atlas or Geographical tongue