Okay, so about a week ago, I was drinking tea at a friends house, and I felt something on the tip of my tongue. I thought it was just one of those white bumps you get occasionally, and told her I needed to go to the restroom as there was something on my tongue. I stuck it out to show her, and she said there were two things. I wasn't really too surprised, so I went to the restroom and looked at my tongue, only to find that it wasn't what I thought. Instead, at the tip of my tongue, were two white patches. They weren't painful or anything and I was able to actually scrape it off. If I were to describe it as something...it was like I'd pulled the skin of a blister off a wound of mine and set it on my tongue. It came of really easy with some scraping and my tastebuds seemed just a tad bigger then usual...lightly swelled, so...it almost seemed like nothing, but that had never happened to me before. It really bothered me and my friend said that earlier she noticed I'd rubbed my tongue against my teeth once. Thinking about it, the two little patches were right where I would rub my tongue against my top teeth and just about as wide as them. It still really concerned me, but I let it go.

Now today, I was rubbing my tongue against my teeth again (I do it when I am...well...((self)) pleasured, heh. Only started recently though...in the last two weeks. No idea why...but there you have it)....and I noticed that it looked like my tongue was getting the patches again. Not as thick, but still there. I scraped part of one off...but went ahead and left the rest, 1 because it wasn't as easy to get off this time, and 2, I want to see if it goes away on its own after a while. So while I'm pretty sure it's just irritation from the rubbing (which I'ma have to knock off), I still tend to worry about my body about the tiniest thing, so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything else. I'm not sexually active and have never been, so it's not an STD or anything, and I don't do drugs, smoking, or alcohol so I don't think it's like some sort of cancer or something horrible like that. None the less, I just want to make sure. So yeah.

I don't think that it's anything to worry about. It just sounds like it might be a bit of bacterial growth on your tongue. Does it hurt or anything like that?

This explains exactly what I have been going through - 2 weeks. No blisters/sore & red

White patches on tongue could be thrush which is the sign of a yeast infection.