Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!


Hi, I took my girlfriend to Japanese restaurant couple of days ago, and the food was great. However, soon after we came home, she started blushing. We went to hospital, and it turned out she was allergic to some of the food that was served. Did any of you have similar reaction after eating Japanese foods?

Loading...


Hi, I heard about some poisoning that was caused by fish brought from Japan. They ate fugu and got tetrodotoxin poisoning, with symptoms such as tingling in the mouth and lips, dizziness and headache. But that was a long time ago, I don’t think it could be the case with your girlfriend. If she is the only one who wasn’t feeling well, it was probably just an allergic reaction. Was there something that she ate for the first time in that restaurant? Many people are allergic and get blush after eating fish and jellyfish, because of the protein in their flesh. I love Japanese foods myself, and I never had any problems with it. Maybe your girlfriend should go to doctor and be tested for all kinds of allergies. This way she could prevent similar situations.
Reply

Loading...

Before answer or wondering, we can always research it first that is why people Just "Heard or read " and misunderstanding many things by stereo type subject gossip!

First of all "Fugu" has organs that contain Poison. It won't be served in japanese restaurants or sushi Bar in north america, Unless Chef Has license from Japan. Yes, there is Authentic specialized Place that serve Fugu -Fish dish such as "Sashimi" "Hot Pot" etc prep by licenced Chef. It is very expensive and it's for special occasion cuisine. It is not daily menus in japan.. so do Sushi & Sashimi.
< some of you might know ...Gourmet Chef "Bob Bloomer" went to japan to learn how to prep "Fugu-fish" It was On TV Show>


This case, probably triggered by food Allergy. "Food Poison" should be takes more than 10 hrs after food is sit in stomach as he mentioned when he reached home... his girlfriend has reaction..

When you go for dining at exotic, authentic foods... Should remember or make a note what you had, what is in the dish. < I didn't know there is many food allergies exist. -Sugar -Flour - vinegar - Citrus -Seafood -MSG -- tiny amount contains in some soy sauce, - oil -Nuts - Mushroom list goes on.. If i am taking friend out, always check and usually i don't just go in to unknown restaurant. I ask around locals ---- chinese restaurant then ask chinese locals, East Indian then ask East Indian local people for suggestion... because second to allergy, Food poison is terrible things. It is good to know clean & safe restaurant!! >
Reply

Loading...

I've been finding that after having Japanese takeaway exclusive food (no dine in place) I come up with a rash on my face a couple of hours later. It gets itchy too, although I will rarely scratch it since it's my face. The rash is mostly on my cheeks and chin. Still trying to narrow down the cause but I suspect MSG
Reply

Loading...